𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞 || 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞 𝐅𝐢𝐯𝐞

"So, where are we going?" You asked.

"Palace Five, if that's alright with you." Edward replied turning his head to you.

"Wow, that's like, the fanciest restaurant in Forks. Are you sure?" You asked.

"Yeah, of course. I wanted to make this special." Edward smiled. He turned down the main road and pulled into a parking spot. You smiled. He held your hand as you walked into the restaurant.

"A table for two please." Edward said, squeezing your hand tight. He turned to you and smiled.

"Right over here." The waiter explained pointing to one of the empty tables. You sat down across from Edward and looked at the menu. About ten minutes later, a waitress came over to your table.

"Could I get you guys started with anything?" She asked.

"Yes, could I have a water please?" You replied.

"Oh, nothing for me, thank you." Edward said.

"Alright, are you guys ready to order as well?" The waitress asked. Edward looked at you and you nodded.

"Yes. I'll get Chicken Caesar Salad please." Edward answered.

"And the Cajun Chicken Pasta." You continued.

"Okay, it'll be ready soon." The waitress exclaimed before walking away.

"I haven't told you yet that you look stunning." Edward smiled.

"Thank you. And I'm sure you know I think you look perfect." You replied. You stared into his eyes and then looked down.

"Is there something wrong?" Edward asked.

"I don't," You paused. "You're too good for me. You should be going out with some pretty, smart, popular girl." Edward lowered his eyebrows.

"No. No way. You're all of those things to me. And the girls you're talking about are all full of themselves and act like spoiled brats." Edward explained. "I'd much rather be with you." You smiled at him and he took your hand.

"Edward, you have no idea how happy I am to be here right now. Like, this is a dream. It feels like a dream." You explained.

"Maybe it is." Edward said, straight faced. Your smile faded.

"No." You pinched your arm. Edward laughed.

"Did you really think this was a dream?" Edward laughed. You scoffed.

"Yeah, that just proves how much I really like you." You exclaimed. Edward smiled.

"The Chicken Caesar and Cajun Pasta?" The waitress asked placing your plates on the table.

"That's us, thank you."  You said, kindly. The waitress nodded and walked away. Edward started eating his salad and you just stared at yours.

"Regretting your decision? You can order something else if you'd like." Edward explained.

"No, no, not that. But what if eat my pasta wrong, or get some sauce on my lips and I won't notice, maybe I'll get something stuck in my teeth and- what." You asked. Edward was laughing.

"You are the biggest worry wart I've ever met." Edward chuckled. You playfully rolled your eyes and finally took a bite of your dinner. You talked with Edward as you ate and time flew by. About an hour and a half later the waitress came by and slipped a check on the table. Edward took it and excused himself to go to the front and pay. When he came back to the table you stood up and walked out of the restaurant with him.

"I had a really good time." You said as Edward backed the car out of the parking lot.

"I did too. Hopefully we can go out again soon." He answered. Again, he played the old music. You liked it. It was different and nice. He pulled in front of your house and sighed. You were about to go when Edward stopped you.

"Wait." He said. You turned to him. He unbuckled his seat belt, leaned over and kissed you.

"I'm sorry, I should have asked you first." Edward said. You scoffed and kissed him again. Edward smiled. You looked at him for a second.

"You told me you'd tell me how you knew I regretted that first kiss." You said. Edward sighed.

"Please, can we talk about that tomorrow?" Edward asked.

"Edward, you said." You answered.

"I know, I know. I just don't want you to go to bed tonight with what I'd tell you. You'd be up all night I bet." Edward explained.

"Well I'll be up all night knowing that you're keeping something from me." You raised your voice.

"I'm sorry. I just can't tell you tonight." Edward answered. You got out of the car and walked to your door.

"Y/n, wait! Please!" Edward shouted from the car. You opened the door to your house and slammed it in anger.

TEXT MESSAGES:

Y/N- Alice, I'll explain later, but please tell Edward that I'm sorry when he gets home. I didn't mean to lash out. I'm just confused.

ALICE- Will do. Hope you're doing okay.

Y/N- Thanks, Alice. You're the best.

You went to the washroom to shower. You blasted music and started crying.

Meanwhile,

Edward got home and slammed the door. He stormed up to his bedroom and Alice followed.

"What happened?" Alice asked, confused.

"Alice, you were right. About everything. I do like her. I just had to let it go because she doesn't know about our secret. And I know you want to tell her. And so do I, so tomorrow. I think we should tell her tomorrow." Edward explained.

"You're right. Tomorrow we'll tell her." Alice replied.

Back at your house,

You got out of the shower and changed into pajamas. It was already twelve. You had school the next day so went right to bed. You fell asleep as soon as your head hit the pillow, but about two hours later you woke up to the feeling of being watched. You turned on the lamp on your side table and screamed.

"Edward?! What the hell are you doing in my room? How did you get in here?" You asked, rubbing your eyes.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to startle you. I got in through the window. I just wanted to check on you. And I'm sorry for letting you get home so upset. And I promise that tomorrow at lunch I'll tell you." Edward exclaimed. You nodded.

"I'm sorry too. It's not my business what you don't tell me. I don't own you and I shouldn't be expecting to know everything about you." You got out of bed and gave him a hug. You pulled his arm and dragged him into your bed.

"Don't worry, I just wanna cuddle." You said, giggling. Edward laughed and pulled the covers over the both of you. You laid your head on his chest and fell asleep.