The Ring

It had been three days. I could be in Kansas by now, but the Titans were refusing to let me leave. I could be gone. In another state. Heck, a different country.

Beastboy and Raven have everyone watching The Vampire Diaries, to 'search for clues'.

I hadn't fed since the night we all first met, and it was beginning to take its toll in me. I was much weaker, and my senses were dull. However, I hadn't mentioned anything to Robin. I can fend for myself, I don't need donated blood. 

Suddenly, someone was banging on my door for the second time today. "We found it!" Beastboy yelled, still knocking. "We really got it this time!"

I groaned. "You 'really got it' the past two times!" I shouted back.

"Please!" he called.

I trudge over, and opened the door. "I swear, this is your last chance. If this ring doesn't work, I'm done. Got it?"

"We got it," Robin said, coming down the hall.

He held out a ring, with a silver band, and had little diamonds surrounding a square emerald. It used to be my mothers ring, a long time ago.

I followed the two boys to the main room, where the others were waiting, with hopeful looks. I stuck my hand out, and Robin placed the ring in my hand. I stuck it on my finger, and glanced over to make sure that I would have an easy escape when the ring didn't work. 

"Alright," I said, "I'm ready." I closed my eyes, waiting for the pain, but nothing happened. "Cyborg, I said I was ready."

I was getting impatient. If they didn't hurry this up, I would walk out now.

"Krystalyn," Raven said. "It worked."

I slowly opened my eyes, and noticed the sun shining through the windows. My eyes widened as I soaked in the light. It was so much warmer than I remembered, and so much brighter. I walked to the windows, my eyes on the horizon, where the sun was beginning to set.

My eyes watered, and I turned around to face the Titans. "Thank you," I said. "So much."

Beastboy grinned. "So you'll stay? You'll be a Titan?" he asked hopefully.

I laughed, and a tear slid down my cheek. "Yes, I'll stay. It's the least I can do," I cried, nodding.

"Friend, why are you crying?" Starfire asked. "I thought you would be happy."

I smiled, and gave her a bone crushing hug, forgetting about my strength. Luckily, it didn't affect her, because of her alien strength. "I am happy, Star," I said. "I'm the happiest vampire alive- er, dead." I laughed at myself, going around, and giving everyone else a hug, too. "But, I really do have to warn you," I said. "My old group, the Fangs, they're after me. And if they come here, we're all dead." 

"Krystalyn, we took you down pretty easily," Robin reminded me, smirking. "I'm pretty sure we can handle a few more vampires."

I shook my head. "It's a little more than a few vampires, Robin," I said. "It's a gang. When I was with them, there were about ten werewolves, and five vampires."

"That... could be a problem," Raven muttered.

"You're our friend now, Krystalyn," Robin said, putting his hand on my shoulder. "And we'll do anything to make sure our friends are safe."

I smiled. "Thank you. All of you."

"Hey, no problem, Blondie," Cyborg said, putting his arm around me "So, what do you want to do? Now that you got a fancy ring, you can enjoy the sun... at least until it goes down."