Secret Plan

Instead of hanging out in the prison, Robin drove to the beach, where all the caves and the secret entrance was.

I was numbly hanging on, with several tears still cascading down my face. He skidded to a stop, and hopped off, then picked me up bridal style, and sitting me down on the sand. He sat next to me, and I clung to him, with my arms around his torso. I felt him slightly hesitate before wrapping his arms around me, and smooth my hair.

"Krystalyn, please stop crying," he whispered into my hair.

I could only shake my head rabidly, and buddy my face into his chest. I knew I had to leave, but I just didn't know when, or how.

I felt Robin kiss my head, which only made me cry harder. I had to leave, but knew I couldn't. Not when he and the other Titans tied me here. I just couldn't.

I don't know how long we sat there, with Robin trying to calm me down, but it felt like hours. Finally, I ran out of tears, but I didn't let go of Robin. I felt safe with him, and I was afraid that if I let go, all the evils of the world would come crashing down on me.

He rubbed my arm, holding me close, and when he realized that I stopped crying, he gave me a small squeeze. "Are you okay?" he asked.

I didn't respond for a few seconds, but slowly nodded. "I guess...everything just overwhelmed me," I muttered.

"I don't know how you wouldn't be," he said, and I felt him pull me closer.

I nodded once, and turned to face him. He looked worried, but smiled at me, and I tried to smile back, but failed.

We sat there like that, for several minutes. I felt him place a finger under my chin, and tilt my head up. He leaned in a bit, and I hesitated before leaning in also.

Before our lips could touch, I jolted up, turning away. More tears slid down my cheeks, as I faced the ocean, refusing to look at Robin.

"Krys, I'm sorry," Robin apologized, but I shook my head.

"No," I whispered. "Don't be."

I heard Robin shuffle next to me, and I turned my head away. "Krys-"

"Can we go?" I interrupted, trying to stop the tears once more. I wanted to kiss Robin, I truly did. But as much as I tried to talk myself out of it, I had to leave. Tonight.

"Of course," Robin said sadly, and it broke my heart. We climbed onto his motorcycle once more, and entered the secret cave, before coming out, and into the garage.

Before we even stopped, I ran into the tower with inhuman speed, and sped off to my room. If I was going to run away again, I was going back to how it used to be. I took off my ring, and threw on the desk. I made sure the curtains were completely closed, before finding my old duffel bag, and throwing everything in it. I kept my dress that I wore to the ball in the closet, but kept my mothers mask with me. I wanted to keep her ring, but with the magic it now held, it just wasn't the same.

It was only an hour later when I was done packing, and it was only four. I couldn't leave until everyone was asleep, and it was dark. I knew that if needed, I could over power them - as long as they didn't all attack me at once - , but I knew that if I saw them, I would break down again, and talk myself out of it.

I thought about writing a letter, to explain myself, but I didn't know how to put my feelings into words. It just wasn't possible. So instead, I folded my dress, and laid it on the bed, with my ring placed gingerly on top, and a small piece of paper that was folded, and had two words - I'm sorry.

I sat in my room until nightfall, and waited another hour, until I was sure that everyone was in their rooms, asleep. I listened for heartbeats and breathing, my heart breaking even more.