Former Friend

~~~~~KRYSTALYN'S POV~~~~~~~ 

After we finished our pizza, Starfire wanted to walk around the city. She dragged us all over the place, unable to make up her mind on where exactly she wanted to go. 

"You know, there's next to nothing at the tower when it comes to food," I thought aloud. "Why don't we shop for something?" 

"Oh, yes!" Star cheered. "That would much fun!" 

The boys looked at each other, having a mental conversation. "You girls can go ahead and shop. We'll head back to the tower, and, um..." Cyborg trailed off, looking to the others. 

"Oh, no you don't," I said, grabbing Robin's wrist, while Star grabbed Cyborgs, and Raven grabbed Beastbotys. 

"But friends, it will be fun!" Starfire exclaimed. 

"And if I have to suffer through shopping, so do you." Raven glared, and B gulped. 

"Besides," I said, "we need someone to carry our bags for us." 

"Y'all got powers," Cyborg grumbled. "Why not use 'em?" 

I stopped in my tracks, and turned to face the boys, who were restraining as much as they could. "You should be ashamed," I scolded. "In my day, the men were gentlemen. They jumped at the chance to carry a lady's bags." I sighed dramatically. "What has this world come to?" 

"That was in your day, Krystalyn. This is the 21st century," Beastboy laughed. 

I sniffled, giving the boys puppy dog eyes. "B-but... I... I'm new to this city, and we...." I sniffled again, feeling my eyes get watery. 

"Are you.... crying?" Beastboy asked, his eyes wide. 

"No," I said, turning away, and rubbing my eyes. I glanced at Raven and Starfire, and saw that they were seeing through my charade. How I was able to fool the boys, and not Starfire will be a mystery for the rest of eternity. 

"Well... I guess we can go with you girls," Robin said. "I mean, it's not gonna kill us." 

"But... video games," Beastboy and Cyborg whined. 

"You know, if you come with us, you can pick out the food," I taunted. 

That did it. The roles were reversed, as the guys started dragging us to the nearest grocery store. I laughed at their enthusiasm, and skipped along with them. 

"So what do you guys have in mind? Whatever you choose, I'll fix it tonight," I said thoughtfully. I was in a cooking mood. 

"You're cooking?" Cyborg asked. 

"I'd be careful if I were you," a thick english accent said. "She might burn the place down." 

The Titans spun around, on their guard. I, however, froze, reconizing the deep, seducting tone. 

"Julius," I greeted, still facing away. "What are you doing here?" 

I could feel his glare on my back, daring me to turn and face him. 

"What do you think, Miss Moore?" Julius spat. 

"Using formalities, I see," I said, spinning to face him. 

"Miss Moore?" I heard Beastboy whisper. I shot him a glare, and he zipped his lips. 

"What did you expect? For me to welcome you with open arms?" he shouted. 

I raised my chin, glaring. "Mr. Thomas, please don't raise your voice. We are in a public place." 

"Don't raise my voice? Don't raise my voice?!" he screamed. "You have a lot of explaining to do. Why did you leave? How are you able to walk in the sun?" 

"Mr. Thomas, perhaps this is not the right place to discuss-" 

I couldn't finish my sentence, because at that moment, Julius shifted into his werewolf form, baring his teeth and growling. He was huge, taller than Cyborg. His fur was a dusty brown, and his fangs were larger than my forearm. His eyes glowed red, the usual color for the wolves. 

The citizens around us gasped, and began screaming and running around. The Titans stared, shocked, at my former friend. 

"Get the people as far away as possible," I said coldly, not taking my eyes off of Julius. 

"Krystalyn, what about you?" Starfire asked. 

"I'll be fine," I assured. "Vampires are faster than dogs." Julius roared, clearly upset about my comment, and I smirked. "You always did have an anger problem, Julie."