War and Peace

When the warlock launched himself at me, I had to dive quickly to avoid becoming a shishcabob. Quickly, I spun around, and made to kick him in the jaw. As soon as my foot made contact, a jolt of electricity went through me.

I flew back, hitting the opposite wall and falling to the ground in a daze.

"Krystalyn!" I heard Starfire yell.

I sat up and shook my head. There was black soot all over my face and arms, and my blonde hair was sticking straight up. The air reeked of metal, which struck me as odd. I blinked a few times, shocked.

Heh. Shocked. Lightning. Pun.

The warlock stood on the stage, laughing. "Silly demon," he chuckled darkly. "Didn't you know that lightning was powerful?"

I glared. The Titans were busy with Charlie, but they kept glancing over at me. I looked back at Rodrick, who was smiling menacingly.

I stood, and before he could blink, I was in front of him. "Silly warlock," I taunted. "Didn't you know that lightning never strikes twice?"

He furrowed his brow, and I punched him square in the jaw. The Titans finished with Charlie - he was passed out unconscious on the floor - but kept their distance from the warlock and me. He stood back up, and stared me in the eye. I dropped down, holding my head, and struggling to keep calm. I couldn't give into the pain. Even if he pops every blood vessel in my body, I cannot show him that the pain gets to me.

And so, with that thought in my head, I took one good, swift movement to swing my feet around and knocked him off his feet. He landed on his face, groaning.

"This time, stay down," I hissed. In the distance, I could hear sirens, but they sounded a long way off.

"So... Could you explain to us what just happened?" Beastboy asked. I just laughed it off. I think I'll keep some secrets to myself...

//////\\\\\\

When we got back to the tower, everyone was dead on their feet. Robin didn't even mention the sparring match that we had planned, and went straight to bed after yelling at Beastboy to take me to the guest room.

Beastboy was too tired to complain, so as we were walking down the hall, he would point doors and saying who's room they were.

"That's Robins room, this is mine, and this one will be yours," Beastboy said with his eyes closed.

I laughed at him as he blindly opened the door. We stepped inside, and I lost my breath. The room was simple, but yet elegant. The walls were a comforting light brown, with white trim. The entire far wall was a window, which had me panicking for a second before I realized there were pale yellow drapes. On the center left wall, there was a queen sized bed with a yellow comforter, matching the drapes. The bed itself was a rich brown, and to its right, a matching table. On the right wall, a large dresser sat, with a big oval mirror over it. On both sides, there was a door, leading to who knew what.

"Thank you," I said, smiling. Beastboy nodded, mumbling something, then walked out.

The door closed, and a second later, I heard a thump. Furrowing my brow, I stuck my head out the door, and my eyes widened when I saw my little green friend passed out on the floor, with his thumb in his mouth.

I just laughed, and went back inside my room. I stood in front of the dresser, looking at both of the doors.

"Eenie, meenie, miney, moe," I whispered, pointing the doors. My finger landed on the left door, so I walked over to it, and pulled the handle.

Inside was a huge - and empty - walk-in closet.

"Wow," I breathed. I stepped inside, and twirled around. I've always wanted a walk-in closet, I thought. Then I shook my head at myself. Tomorrow, I would leave.

I had to, otherwise the Fangs would find me, and attack the city.

Sighing, I walked out of the closet, and opened the next door. It was a bathroom, with light yellow walls, a granite sink, a toilet, and a shower that had a rubber ducky shower curtain, which had me laughing.

I opened the medicine cabinet above the sink, and found a small bottle of pain killers. I closed the cabinet door, and jumped when I saw my reflection in the mirror.

My blonde hair stood straight up, with the ends charred. My cheeks were black with soot, and I had a crazy look in my eye.

I looked like a younger, blonde wife of Frankenstein.

I rolled my eyes at myself, and took off my dress, leaving it a piled heap on the floor, and jumped into the shower. After I scrubbed my body till it was red, and shampooed three times, I hopped back out, only to realize I had no clothes - my back pack was in Starfire's room.

I groaned, and threw my underwear on, going back into my room. Before I sat down on the bed, I closed the drapes, and made sure that it would be impossible for sunlight to come through.

Then I laid down, and stared into the darkness. Despite me being struck by electricity, and just getting out of the shower, I was tired. I fell asleep in two minutes.

///////\\\\\\\\\

Hey guys! Sorry I didn't update yesterday, but I fell asleep after Black Friday shopping.

Holy crap. Black Friday started on Thursday which sucks.

Anyway. I was going to update yesterday noght, but I left to go to my grandparents, who have no Internet or anything else.

So, here's the next chapter!

Vote? Fan? Comment?

Follow me on twitter! @CreativityFlow

Now... I'm going to go drink coffee at 9:20 pm xD