Chapter 2

There is an abuse scene in this chapter but I will put a warning before the scene starts.

***********************************************************************

Daniella's POV

After the bell rings to signal the end of school, I head back to Sitman's class for detention. 

I spend an hour there doing absolutely nothing because while I tried to explain to her that I've already done the work, she didn't want to hear it. She really does need to get out more. Bitch. I look up just in time to see the clock hit 4:30.

Wait- 4:30? He'll be home soon. Shit.I'm already in trouble from the other day when I didn't do the laundry. This is not gonna go well. 

Miss Miserable lets me go and I blast out the doors. I sprint home because I need to make dinner before he gets back. I need to get a bike or something because running is not for me. #fuckexercise

I make it home just before 5 and I instantly start dinner.

I'm just chopping the vegetables when I hear the door slam open. Fuck.

"Bitch where's the food?" Paul, my foster dad, asks as he walks into the kitchen. My hands start shaking resulting in me dropping the knife on the chopping board. The sarcasm instantly leaves my body. I'm stuck in a state of pure fear. #byefelicia. I hate my brain -_-

"I-I'm just chopping the vegetables, sir." I whisper, trying to keep myself composed.

Paul stalks towards me with a creepy smile on his face. I cover up my terrified face with a blank face as I step backwards slowly.

"You stupid slut. You came home late and didn't make my dinner. I bet you were whoring around after school, weren't you? Of course you were." He says keeping that stupid creepy smile on his face. I shake my head frantically and keep walking backwards until eventually I hit the counter. No no no. Move. This counter needs to just disappear right now. "I had a bad day at work today. Almost got fired because I was late. Do you know why I was late? Well, I'll tell you. It was because I couldn't find my shirt because someone didn't do the laundry the other day." 

***TRIGGER WARNING: ABUSE***

He walks right in front of me and I know what's going to happen. It happens every day, and every day I hope for a different outcome yet nothing changes.

"N-no s-sir, please don't. I'm s-sorry. I'll do the l-laundry right n-now, sir." I stammer whilst trying to protect my ribs, which were still healing from yesterday. 

Paul sees this and grins even wider than before. If I was scared before, I'm absolutely petrified now.

He grabs my hair and throws me halfway across the kitchen. I try to keep up my blank face but it's hard. As Paul walks towards me, he sees the chopping board and the knife. Shit shit shit. Get up Daniella. Move. Run.

But I can't. I'm frozen in fear with one of my legs bent the wrong way and my head bleeding on the floor.

Paul grabs the knife and throws it from where he's standing. It goes directly into my right shoulder. I scream out in pain. He comes towards me and kicks my ribs about a million times. He then leans down, takes the knife out and punches my wounded shoulder, making me scream again and see black spots. I feel my head being picked and pushed straight into the floor.

I black out straight away.

***ABUSE SCENE OVER***

****************************************

When I wake up, I feel like I'm laying in a puddle of blood. Oh wait, that's exactly what I'm doing. Dumbass Daniella. I slowly get myself up off the kitchen floor and limp to the medicine cupboard. I take 2 painkillers and some water. I then grab the bandages that I keep stored there and clean myself up. I clean the blood off the floor and take my sweet time getting up the stairs. This is probably one of the worst beatings I've ever gotten. Well it was a 2 in 1, wasn't it? No laundry and no dinner equals knife in shoulder. Fun.

I change into my pyjamas and get into bed. I look at the alarm clock and see its 2:17am. Sleep finds me the minute my head hits the pillow 

**********

Please remember that this community is here for every single one of you. I come to Wattpad to escape reality and build myself a life in various stories. I come to connect with new people and find myself in the characters I read about. We are all here for each other.

I pray that everyone who is reading right now is safe. I am always available for you if you ever need to talk about anything at all.

Thanks for reading!

-M

Home At Last {1}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara