Part 4 - Falling In Love!?

Start from the beginning

I looked over to see Squid and Manget walking back to the camp. I sighed and dug quickly since I wanted to relax soo badly.

Next it was Armpit, then Caveman. I looked around to see ZigZag getting out from his hole.

"Your slow today." I told him as he smiled.

"I was slacking for you, Barge." He walked around her hole as she panted heavily. "Your slow today."

"I am just soo tired and weak. Less pain though." I sighed and measured it. Finally, it was done. He held his hand out as I grabbed it gently. "Thank you, ZigZag."

"No problem." He smiled as they walked back to camp together. "Barge suits you. You must like barging through things to their death."

"What's the matter with you, Zig?" I looked at him slightly disgusted.

"What do you mean?" He asked, his wide eyes going back to all calm.

"Like your always thinking of unrealistic things and it's weird."

"I uhm... It's none of your business!" He rushed on making me even more confused. What was the matter with him? Does he have a mental disorder?

---

We were in the mess hall and before I got a tray a boy slapped my ass. I looked at him deadly.

"What was that for!?" I yelled turning to face him.

"Calm down, girl." He chuckled as the D-Tent boys came over.

"Leave her alone!" X-Ray warned him as he laughed.

"Or what!?" He threatened as he got punched in the face by ZigZag.

"Or that." He growled and pulled me to the get food and sat me down. "Stay away from him. I don't care what you say, just stay away from that guy."

"W-Who is he?" I asked shivering, the pain running up my back.

"His name is Lump, dude." Armpit spoke, sitting down and continued to eat his food.

"He nearly beat me up once." Caveman told me as I hummed.

"He seems like an idiot." I mummbled as ZigZag looked over at him. Their eyes shot at each other like death glares, and Lump's nose was slightly bleeding. "Z-ZigZag. You can stop holding me now." He didn't speak and moved away and continued to eat his food.

"So, Barge? How do you like your new name?" Squid asked me before I sighed and ate some of my bread and beans.

"I like it." I smiled.

End of POV...

---

The next day, Pendanski was with the water truck again as Caveman wiped this type of thin rock before showing the older man.

"Found somethin'." Pendanski gently grabbed it off Stanley as he examined it carefully. "It's a fossil."

"That's interesting." Pendanski gazed on it as Caveman smiled.

"Do I get the day off?" He asked, not removing the smile until Pendanski spoke again.

"What?"

"That's what Mr Sir said that if I found something interesting, I get the day off." Caveman took his canteen off from over his shoulder.

"Stanley, the warden isn't interested in fossils. I told you this last time." Pendanski handed it back to him and filled up his canteen. The boys walked over to them. By the way, Caveman never found that golden tube yet.

"Let me see that." Squid snatched it off him as they all looked at it.

"Look. There are more little fishies!" Armpit smiled and rubbed his finger om the fossil playfully. "Uh- I mean it looks like more of them cave pictures." Armpit corrected himself, acting like nothing happened.

"Caveman, stop finding cave things. We get it, man." Magnet smirked as they all walked off.

Squid walked over to Chloe and smiled.

"Hey, Barge. You okay?" He smiled and playfully removed her hat.

"Hey! Squid! Give it back!" She laughed and jumped to grab it, but was too short. "I swear... please. It's soo hot!" She begged as he laughed and gave it back to her.

"I'm just fooling with you, girl." He smirked and went back to digging.

Caveman knows that he ever found anything then give it to X-Ray, but he really didn't want to.

---

After digging, Chloe got into her relaxsation clothes and went into the rec room to find boys, fighting, yelling, or playing some games. She saw ZigZag watching the TV and Armpit messing with the antenna which made the TV go all static.

"Man, you broke it!" ZigZag slapped the top of it and Chloe groaned before getting pushed back into Lump. Oh no.

"Watch it!" He pushed her away gently.

"You watch it! It was an accident, man." Chloe growled and before she could leave, he pulled her onto his lap, her back facing him. "Let me go!"

"Let her go, man." Magnet walked over and Lump pushed her off, causing her hand to cut on the wooden floor and gush out blood.

"Excuse me!? What did you say to me!?" Lump grabbed Magnet by the shirt and pushed him, with a punch to the stomach. The spanish boy gagged and fell to the floor, coughing.

ZigZag, Armpit and X-Ray walked over quickly as ZigZag grabbed Lump by his shirt.

"Leave her and Magnet alone." He warned.

"Aww, is mr protector in love?" Lump mocked as the messed up hair male growled and pushed him back. "That is how it is, huh?" He challenged as ZigZag nodded, clutching his fists. Before he could go at the bully Chloe wrapped her arms around him.

"Don't, Ziggy. He isn't worth it." She quietly spoke as he sighed and stroked her hair.

"Hey, hey! Just chill, a'ight!?" X-Ray yelled. "Start a fight now, the warden'll come down hard on all of us. Just relax." X-Ray made sure Lump kept his distance from Chloe, Magnet and ZigZag.

"Keep that crazy kid away from me." Lump looked at ZigZag and walked away to sit back down in his seat.

"Did you see that back there?" Squid smirked as they all leaned aorund the pool table.

"You have guts, Barge." Armpit smiled and patted her on the back and noticed her hand. "A'ight, I'll help Magnet, while one of you lot help Barge with her cut hand." Armpit escorted Magnet to the tent as ZigZag left the rec room with Chloe to get her hand treated.

"Did he hurt you anywhere else?" He asked, slightly worried. She could tell in his tone of voice.

"He really hurts my backside." She whispered as he nodded and gave her back a gentle massage.

"Is that better?"

"M-Much better. Thanks."

They were like it for ten minutes before he stopped and looked at her hand. He held it and saw that it had stopped bleeding. He poured some water onto it and wiped it with his jumpsuit sleeve.

"There we go, Chloe." He smiled as she looked up at him in his beautiful, blue eyes.

"T-Thanks, Zig." They slowly leaned in until their lips connected. They both noticed after a few seconds and moved away blushing deeply.

"Sorry about that." He stood up. "I didn't know what happened then."

"No, I'm sorry." She giggled.

---

"Magnet? Are you okay?" Chloe asked as he nodded.

"I'm good."

"Thanks for helping me." She hugged him and he hugged back. His stomach hurt slightly as she gave him a piece of bread. "I saved this, so you can have it."

"T-Thanks!" He was greatful as he quickly ate it like he has been starving for weeks on end.