Chapter 6:

Master's POV:

I was in my office. I noticed how different my guild was acting. There seemed to be some sort of tension between guildmates. Mostly team Natsu, and Juvia, Levy, Mira, and Lisanna. I didn't see anyone else acting different, so I think it's between them. I haven't seen any of them for a while.

I heard a knock on my door and told the person to come in. It was Wendy. "Master...?" She looked very upset. "What's troubling you child?" I asked, very concerned.

"I know you noticed it. It's about...Lucy."

I stood up. "What about Lucy?" I demanded. "Is something going on?"

She looked upset. "L-Lucy almost d-died!" She had tears running down her cheeks. I stood shocked. I know that the missions are dangerous, but the last time Lucy went on a mission was when team Natsu and Lisanna went to go defeat those rogue guild members.

"What happened." I growled. I didn't intend to scare her, I was just mad.

She told me to bring Mira in and put up a spell so that no one could hear our conversation. I did what she asked and called up Mira, who helped me with the spell. When we finished, she took one look at Wendy and said, "Lucy, huh?"

Wendy nodded. Mira sighed and told me what happened. She finished, and I was livid. I walked out of my office with steps that even a monster would be scared of. "NATSU DRAGNEEL GET UP HERE. I NEED A WORD WITH YOU!!!" I yelled. Natsu chuckled but soon stopped when he saw my face. He walked up quietly and walked into my office. He saw Wendy and Mira and became confused.

They gave him glares and his eyes widened with realization. He turned around to face me and tried talking his way out of it. "Natsu, we are going down to Lucy and you will apologize, then you will be banned from taking missions for a month. Mira will give you food at the guild if you run out of money. Now come. Let's go fix your mistake. I'm very disappointed in you. You don't treat your nakama like that."

With that I lead the 3 of them to the infirmary. I knocked, and Levy opened the door. "Hello Master. Do you wish to see Lu?" I nodded and she let us in, with Natsu earning a glare from her. "I know child, but he is here to apologize." She huffed and closed the door.

I saw Lucy on the bed, bandages everywhere on her body. She was reading a book. She looked up and greeted me. She then looked back down quickly. She must have seen Natsu. I thought.

I glared at Natsu to say sorry to her. He rolled his eyes. "Lucy I'm very sorry that I said that, and that I didn't tell you the truth about the job. I also apologize for the things I said the other day."

I was satisfied. But Lucy didn't look up. She mumbled something, and I asked her to speak up. "I know you made him apologize Master. It just hurts more to hear him lie to my face."

I instantly felt bad. What she said was true, it does hurt more. I asked her how she figured it out. She looked up and said, "If he was really sorry, he would have called me Luce." She looked back down. Natsu smirked. "Heh. She's not strong, but she is smart."

Gray came in and smacked the back of his head hard. It must have really hurt because that brat held his head and rubbed it for 7 minutes straight. "She's smarter AND stronger than you, flame brain."

Natsu glared at him and then smirked. "So you are saying that she's stronger than you." Gray didn't hesitate. "Yep."

Lucy looked up, shocked. She smiled softly, which made both boys blush a little. But it only showed on Natsu for a moment. Gray's blush disappeared a little later.

All of us left since Lucy said she wanted to be alone again. Everyone except for Gray. I stayed behind to make sure everyone was okay. Gray went over and hugged her. He mumbled something to her and left out of the other exit.

I heard squeals next to me. Wendy was next to me looking excited. "What's wrong child?" I asked. She looked at me and said, "nothing Master. It's actually quite the opposite. I'm glad Lucy-san moved on!" She left me looking dumbfounded. I wonder what that's about.