Chapter 32:

Lucy's POV:

After training the newbies, we all gathered in a big living room looking area and shared how our training went.

"Ul and I didn't get to do anything because it was too late to have practice battles." Meredy said pouting and Juvia laughed and patted her back.

"Actually, Doranbolt said that if we all wanted to come back tomorrow, we could go against the trainees in practice battles to see how they would do against professional wizards. He said it was good we were here because whenever they do this, they would just request the strongest wizards of a guild to come and test out their newest mages to determine what ranks they will have. The ranks would be in a range from guards to captains. And then they can moved up from there depending on how they progress." Said Ultear.

Jellal nodded in agreement. Meredy looked happy that she would be able to be useful in training tomorrow. We all agreed that we would come back tomorrow to help them. 

We shared multiple other stories, including what happened to us, before once again eating and heading to sleep. Apparently, one of Kinana's rooms that she brought water to was the room Levy and Gajeel were in. When she came in and offered everyone their water, Gajeel took the tray from her and actually ate it, thanking her for the snack. We all laughed at that while Levy was patting an embarrassed Gajeel's back. 

Rogue said that for the first 10 minutes of their training, Erza was teasing Kagura about her relationship with Rogue, and then when Rogue laughed at their conversation, as if turning against Rogue, Erza dragged him into the conversation by lecturing him on what he is and isn't allowed to do with Kagura. Erza was sitting on the floor, proudly, and said she was just acting like how a big sister should act when meeting her little sister's boyfriend. Kagura was annoyed, mumbling inaudible comments under her breath while blushing.

"What type of stuff did you even say to him, Erza?" Asked Jellal.

Erza shrugged. "I simply told him that if he tried anything with Kagura like Sting did with Yukino, I'd cut off his d*ck." She said like it was no big deal.

Yukino, who was sitting in between Erza and Sting, averted her eyes and blushed madly, while Sting was looking proud. Rogue shivered, and Jellal sweat dropped, sighing like he'd expected her to say something like that.

It was mine and Juvia's turn to share a story, so I laughed, remembering the perfect one.

"So Juvia and I accidentally turned the training room into a swimming pool. We also turned that into a lesson on what not to make the mistake of doing unless it's intentional. We practiced gaining more control with water while also being underwater at the same time. Since my Aquarius star dress doesn't give me the ability to breathe underwater, the training also turned into a lesson for me as well. Juvia ended up teaching everyone to make an oxygen filled water bubble that won't pop, that can allow us to breathe underwater. Let's just say I almost drowned at least 4 times if Juvia hadn't made one for me everytime mine broke or popped. So basically the whole lesson was revolved around me." I said, embarrassed but also laughing. Juvia giggle as well, and everyone else started laughing as well.

Gray sighed and laughed. "Do I have to be around you at all times to make sure you don't die and so other men know you're mine?" 

I shrugged playfully. "Maybe."

Erik's story consisted of just losing his patience and Kinana calming him down before the people he trained stopped doing stuff wrong and finally started getting his lessons right, then at which Kinana left and started delivering water to the others.

Wendy started describing all of the things Jellal and her did, including her beating him at cards often. He only won 4 out of 11 games. She's not as good as Juvia, but if she teamed up with her and Cana, they'd probably be an unbeatable team. This time Erza was comforting Jellal while snickering that he lost so many card games to a child.

"When it comes to magic battles I'm hard to beat. But card battles against a child are a different matter." He sulked. "Cards are a child's element."

Wendy giggled at his compliment. I for one don't actually even know if that was a compliment or not. But his reaction was hilarious. Wendy's had a good day today, now that I think about it. She's won third place in a race against slayers who's powers are off the charts, and men from the council. She's also won multiple card games against a former council member. We also heard from Jellal that Mr. Yajima even played a few games with her, and she won even against him too. And he's really wise. 

By the looks of it, Wendy was getting pretty tired, so Erza and I took her back to our room while the others continued talking. When we confirmed that Wendy was indeed asleep, our conversation got more serious.

"Have you seen any clues that Natsu has been here, or if he's still after you?" Erza asked me as we sat on my bed across from each other.

I shook my head. "No. I don't even know if he's woken up yet from when we left him. I think he has, considering it's now been two days. I don't think he will come after me now because I'm marked by Gray, but at the same time he might not know that. I'm worried for Lisanna right now, in all honesty."

"So am I." Erza agreed. "We need to keep a close eye on both of you. I'm sorry but we can't leave you guys alone for even a second until mating season is over."

"Yes I know. He might be playing the waiting game, though. I was alone in the hallway when I was walking to Yukino's training room, and nothing happened. It's either he's waiting for the perfect time, or he can't find a way into the building. There is also an even bigger chance he's going for Lis now." I said, my voice sounding more worried by the second.

"From now on I think you should always have Gray and me or Mira with you. The same will go for Lisanna. I think Mira will want to protect her sister so I might be with you more. We will also have to ask one of the others to be with her too."

I laughed. "Laxus will most likely want to be near Mira at all times, so I'd ask him first."

Erza laughed too. "Yeah. We don't want a guard or one of the others to be beaten up too."

"Hey Erza?" I asked.

"Hm?"

"I've actually had this feeling for most of the day that I'm being watched, but I didn't think much of it. Now that you've mentioned it, I think Natsu actually has woken up . . ."