Chapter 39:

Me and Sting looked over at the three he and Laxus had trouble training. They were watching the girls with a creepy stare, but hid it from Doranbolt whenever he glanced over at them, and he did that a lot. Mad respect for the guy. Sting and I got their attention and smiled evilly, filling their brains with multiple punishments we could give them if they kept looking at our girlfriends like that. They visibly gulped and stopped their creepy look. Sting and I smirked, and began watching their battle again. Now THAT is how you protect your girlfriend.

Lucy's POV:

I saw her summoning Libra, and I smiled, feeling happy that I had predicted this. I smiled innocently at Yukino, and disappeared under the ground using my diver magic that Virgo's star dress granted me.

Before I disappeared underground, I saw her face and I could tell Yukino got a bit disappointed that she hadn't thought it through. I went deep enough where she couldn't see the ground part from me digging. I could feel her walking around above me, so I dug up, and the impact launched her into the air.

"Libra!" She yelled.

Libra moved her scales, and Yukino floated in the air. Stupid zero gravity ability.

"Open, gate of the scorpion: Scorpio!" I said, swinging his key in the air.

He appeared, and I changed star dresses to my Aquarius one. Scorpio immediately knew what I was thinking.

"We are!" He yelled as sand surrounded us. It also reached wide and high enough to blur the vision of Yukino and Libra. Scorpio gave me a boost so I could jump higher than the sand storm.

"Aqua Metria!" I yelled.

A wave of even more sand washed Yukino and Libra away and slammed them down onto the ground hard. Libra disappeared. Yukino got up, scratched from the sand, and summoned Deneb, that emotional swan I've met before.

"I know what your thinking." He said depressingly. "Why is the spirit of the swan constellation black?" He asked rhetorically.

We all sweat dropped. "Not really." Everyone said.

"Deneb, please do your best against them!" Yukino said, trying to encourage him. Poor soul. Deneb takes mostly everything as an insult.

He scoffed, and did completely the opposite. While he did attack, it was a weak one, with lightning bolts that barely hurt Scorpio. Deneb flew up into the air.

"Scorpio, Sand Buster: Revision!" I said.

Scorpio did exactly that and shot Deneb with a powerful stream of sand. He disappeared and Yukino took out another key. I recognized it as the zodiac key that opens the gate of the two fish, Pisces. I thanked Scorpio and suggested he take Aquarius on a date, then closed his gate. I probably interrupted a date and I don't want her made at me more than she most likely already is. I relayed in my mind what keys could possibly go up against two giant fish. I then got an idea.

"Open! Gate of the Two Fish: Pisces!" Yukino summoned the mother and son spirits, and they were in human form. She must have deemed me that important to beat. I mean, it's not every day that you can battle another celestial wizard. Us and Princess Hisui might as well be the last ones who exist, after all, since I'm pretty sure Sorano gave her's up to learn angel magic. Speaking of Sorano . . .

"Open! Gate of the Twins: Gemini!" I summoned the "piri"-speaking twin celestial spirits. I had a plan, and I don't even know if it's possible. I asked them to change into me. They did, and once again I immediately regretted it.

"Why did you copy me in a bath towel?! I thought you recopied me!" I yelled, annoyed and embarrassed.

"Piri Piri, we did recopy you, but we like this one better Miss Lucy." They-  I mean she . . .? said. I facepalmed. I would have to deal with this later. I also heard the giggling and laughing of my friends. How embarrassing. I hope Gray is still battling Sting so he can't see this. Anyways, once Yukino sees that I had Gemini turn into me, her eyes widened, and I don't think it was because of the bath towel.

I saw her panic a little. I think that she thought we were going to perform the Urano Metria spell, which I didn't even think about at first. But instead of taking the easy way out, I wanted to see if this plan I already had in mind would actually work. I looked at Gemini, and they- I mean she- scanned my memories real quick. They- I meant she- looked at me shocked. I had a sheepish look on my face. She (I finally got it right!) nodded, signalling that she was okay with the plan. I smiled gratefully, and nodded for them to do their part.

Gemini changed their form again and transformed into Yukino. I smirked at the real one. She now looked confused. She was distracted and hasn't given Pisces a command yet, so this was my chance.

"Now, Gemini!" I commanded.

Gemini took out a certain key.

"Open, Gate of the Snake charmer. . . " 

Gemini's eyes shone a bright light. Yukino's eyes widened. I smiled excitedly, waiting to see if this actually worked. Gemini's glowing eyes started to fade, and I started to worry that it might not actually work. All of a sudden I could feel my magic energy draining a little. I suddenly understood that Gemini might not have enough magic power to summon this spirit, so I directed some of my magic power into her. Suddenly, the magic power that was being drained from me stopped being absorbed. Gemini now has enough power to pull this off.

Gemini's eyes shone bright again. She whispered that last word. " . . .Ophiuchus . . . "

The black key in Gemini's hand glowed and eerie color. Black mist covered the area, but everyone was still able to see. A certain spot in the black smoke started to coil. The coil kept going for what seemed like an eternity. Finally, it stopped. The coil of smoke formed into a huge dark purple snake with white markings on it's head and black markings down both sides of her long body. The snake hissed. The real Yukino shook, terrified at her own celestial spirit. I would too if Ophiuchus was my opponent.

But the important thing is . . . THIS ACTUALLY WORKED!!!

Okay, I can get excited and faint later, because right now I have to win this battle, I reminded myself in my head. Gemini looked back at me, asking for the signal. I nodded in return, granting permission to her.