Chapter 20:

Author's Note:

Writing Juvia in third person is hard, so don't blame me for this okay? You will understand when you read the end of the chapter.

Erza's POV:

After almost attacking Lucy and Mira, they brought me out into the hallway so we could talk without waking anyone up. They looked partly scared and partly nervous. When no one spoke, I decided to start the conversation.

"Did something happen? Why do you two look so nervous?" I urged.

"Someone's here." Was all Lucy said.

Those two words were all I needed. I grabbed my trusty frying pans (don't ask why I have them), and ran to everyone's room, banging them together to get everyone up.

Everyone ran into the hallway, including the slayers and Mr. Yajima, and stood in front of me.

"Mira, go alert the council that someone is here." I ordered.

She ran off, one of the guards that heard my frying pans were escorting her to the correct room.

Everyone panicked when they heard me say someone was here.

"Quiet!" I barked.

They shut up, and soon multiple guards came and said that the council ordered them to take us to a safe area until they were sure the person or people were not here anymore. Mira was with them so I trusted that they were real guards.

They led us to a room with no windows, made entirely out of steel. It was like a bunker. Shelves with food, books, and playing cards lined the walls. There was a table and multiple bunk beds, as well as a couple couches around the table. The captain of the guards who escorted us said that we will stay in here until they know it's safe. The door to the bunker can only be opened by a code that only he and the council know. He will open the door once they know it's safe.

Erza nodded and they closed the door, which automatically locked it. It would take a while to check the whole building so we were going to be stuck in here for some time.

Levy, Yukino, and Lucy immediately headed over the the book section of the bunker, while Mira, Lisanna, and Kinana went to look at what food we had so they could make us something to eat. Kagura and I saw some combat dummies and decided to sharpen our sword skills. The others played cards and talked. Wendy was soon in a heated card battle against Juvia.

Who knew that Juvia was good at card games?

Natsu's POV:

"Idiots! Now they know that we are aware of where they are!"

I paced around the cave, trying to think up a new plan. Gajeel and Rogue had apparently accidently gotten caught by Luce and Mira. They couldn't even get her key ring. At least they got some info on the security.

"Hey Natsu. The security should be pretty scattered right now if they don't know Gajeel and Rogue left. The guards are probably split up searching the perimeter to see if it's safe. Now is probably a good time to snatch our mates." Sting said, slightly smirking.

I realized that he was right. My lips curled into a somewhat evil grin. "Sting, you genius. You are absolutely correct for once." I said.

He looked a little offended by those last two words but shook it off. All of us headed out of the cave, like a wolf pack going on it's hunt. We stuck to the shadows with help from Gajeel and Rogue, and quickly appeared in front of the building with help from our speed. I sniffed the air and immediately caught the sweetest scent in the world. Strawberries and vanilla. I don't know how she can smell like both, but it's just one of the wonderful and mysterious things about her. The council must have forgotten to mask the scents of our mates, because we can clearly sense where their little bunker is.

Sweet Luce. You will be mine soon. I'm coming~

Lucy's POV:

It's been about an hour since the captain left us in here. We've eaten, and we've all found out that Juvia is surprisingly good at card games. She's won the majority of the games played against her. Poor Wendy gave up after losing five games in a row. Juvia has only lost a few games. Everyone started challenging her in the form of a card game. Even Erza. Boy, did Juvia have a poker face. Blackjack is just not Erza's game. Neither is Go Fish, Nerts, or Old Maid. Juvia is also good at Uno and War. Speaking of war, I think Erza is about to declare a card war on Juvia. She can be a little extreme sometimes.

Jellal may have had to stop her from a complete angry meltdown after losing 13 games in a row of Blackjack and Nerts. Right when I challenged Juvia to Spades, the door to the bunker opened.

Juvia's POV:

Maybe Juvia should stop playing against Erza before she destroys the place. Juvia can't help that she's good at cards. Right as I set up the cards for Spades against Love Ri- I mean Lucy, the door opened.

A guard came in and told us that the perimeter has been checked and that the person or people who infiltrated must have left. Juvia could see more guards waiting outside, so Juvia assumed there was one to escort each of us. We filed out of the bunker one by one.

After we got out of the room, Juvia realized that there was not a guard for each of us, just a guard for some of us. Juvia found it a bit odd but didn't question it. Juvia thinks that maybe they wanted just a small amount of guards to be with us so the rest can get back to patrolling the building.

Suddenly, Levy stopped.

She looked shocked. "Wait don't follow them!" She yelled at us.

We looked at her confused.

"She was shaking. She narrowed her eyes. "Didn't the captain say that only he and the council know the passcode? Think about it! How did the 'guard' open the door then?!"

Juvia's eyes widened.

"They are not real guards." Said Kinana quietly.

Then, I was hit on the head. I struggled to keep my eyes open. I saw the others collapse around me like I did. I also heard a voice.

"Shrimp is smarter than she looks. I'm actually proud of 'er. I didn't think she'd catch on that fast."

My eyes met black ones. I was confused. How could I see black eyes? Gajeel-kun has crimson red eyes.

I realized something else..

What happened to my third person speech? I thought as I met with blackness.