Chapter 40:

Yukino's POV:

Oh shit . . .

Lucy's POV:

Yukino snapped out of her trance. "Pisces, Ophiuchus isn't on our side right now, so fight her with all you've got, okay?!" She shouted at her spirit.

Pisces gave her a loud sound in response. Now that's what I like to hear from Yukino. This is going to be awesome!

Gemini immediately shouted up to Ophiuchus using Yukino's voice, to make sure she heard her. "Piri Piri. Ophiuchus! You have to fight Pisces since I summoned you. Just don't hurt Yukino over there."

She hissed in return. I knew from experience that since Gemini was the one who opened Ophiuchus' gate, Ophiuchus had to listen to them (her?), even if they knew that Gemini wasn't the real Yukino. Gemini really does have an awesome ability. 

"Pisces! Don't be afraid to fight her! Wrap around Ophiuchus to trap her." Yukino ordered.

Pisces did that, but Ophiuchus' body was too long for her to be completely trapped, so she got out of it pretty easily. 

"Ophiuchus, do the same thing to Pisces!" Gemini ordered in Yukino's voice.

Ophiuchus wrapped her long body around both fish, and tightened her grip, making them lose energy and become immobilized. Yukino closed Pisces' gate, and they disappeared. Yukino started shaking again. She took out a silver key with a lightning bolt decorating it. It must have been Storm's key. I had another idea. I took out North's key as well. I stopped myself though. I had to think this through.

If I open North's key, even if it's a silver key, it would still take some magic power out of me. Maybe too much. I have Gemini's gate open, and I know for sure that I can have two gates open at once, but I also transferred some of my magic power to Gemini so they could open the 13th gate. Do I even have enough magic power to keep North's gate open?

I debated it. I may have given Gemini too much magic power, but I have also been slowly gaining back the amount I've lost. Will it be enough, though?

I heard a shout from my right side. I saw Gray and Sting . . .sitting?! Weren't they supposed to be fighting? If one of them lost, then the winner would join their partner.

Wait a minute . . . Did they pause their fight just to watch me and Yukino fight?! I mean, it's sweet, but we could really use the help of one of our partners right now!

I then heard Gray shout. "Come on Lucy! You can do it!"

I smiled, knowing he would always be there to support me. I suddenly felt magic power flow into me. I felt a chill up my spine. This power felt familiarly cold. I smiled. He's supporting me, literally. I turned around to see that Yukino has summoned Storm already, and was now giving him directions.

I held out North's key and focused my remaining magic power into it. The key glowed an icy blue. I heard the all too familiar ding dong sound, and North appeared at my feet.

She seemed to know exactly what was going on. "Hello Lucy! I'm ready to fight! Even against Storm!" She said, obviously excited to be summoned to join the battle. I noticed that she always has a remarkable amount of energy in her. I smiled.

"Lucy?" She asked to get my attention. I looked down at her. She made a motion with her claws and pointed to my hands. She put her arms and claws in a certain position, and I mimicked her.

"Good," she told me. "Now hold that position, and when you feel magic power drift out of your body, let it." She said. I was confused but went along with it.

She ran in front of me and stopped, closing her eyes, seemingly concentrating on something.

I heard her whisper "Magic Drift," and just as she described, some of mine and Gray's cold magic power drifted out of me and into her. She grew larger, and eventually looked like an adult version of her former adolescent-looking self. I gaped at her. I just remembered I didn't even know what she could do. I heard her chuckle.

"Don't worry, you will learn my moves and abilities soon enough, Lucy. For now just let me take care of this."

I nodded at her request, still amazed at the fact she grew 5 times her size in a matter of seconds. SECONDS!! She grew into an adult dragon in only a few SECONDS. Some Celestial Spirits are a mystery to me, even if I'm a celestial wizard.

Storm and Yukino glanced at North and I a few times, and then finished their conversation.

Storm flew up in the sky and spread his wings. A bolt of lightning struck him, but did no harm to him. It looks like it was a way for him to gain more energy. Lightning strikes must not affect him. Thank mavis Laxus and Mira weren't against Yukino and Sting, or else Laxus' powers wouldn't have very much of an affect.

It looked like Storm was still processing the energy he was given, so North took that as an advantage. She shot an icy beam at him from her mouth. He dodged just in time. He flew in a circle to get his balance. North flew into the sky too. She roared, and ice crystals rose up from the ground. I also saw a bird made out of ice chase Storm until he was above the ice crystal pillars, right in the middle of them.

North's magic reminds me of Lyon's a little. He can make birds from his magic too.

North flew above him and whipped her tail at Storm, and one of the spikes on her tail shot at his wing and pinned him to the ground inside of the ice pillars. Storm screeched and a bolt of lightning shot from the sky and hit North on her back. She let out a painful grunt but kept her balance in the air. I just watched her in amazement.

Another lightning bolt struck the spike that pinned Storm and it shattered, and he quickly stood, lifted up, and flew into the sky to escape the pillars. North saw this and immediately blew out a stream of snow, freezing one of Storm's blue wings. Storm began to fly uncontrollably, trying to keep his balance, but almost immediately dropped back down in between the pillars because he couldn't use the wing. North blew ice from her mouth, covering the top of the pillars and connecting them to make a rock hard ice roof. I now see what she did. She made a sort of ice cage, and trapped Storm in it by making one of his wings unusable.

Yukino thanks Storm and closes his gate, reaching for her keys once again. This time, Ophiuchus hissed at her, which seemed to scare the living daylights out of her. She looked at her keys, and realized that none of them could overpower her.

"I-I forfeit!" She yells to me.

Sting and Gray, who I honestly forgot were there, got up and Sting ran over to Yukino and kissed her, which she blushed extremely red in reaction, and told her she did great and he was extremely proud of her. She smiled at him.

"Okay!" He turned around and yelled at Gray and I. "Now it's a two vs one battle!"

As if on cue, Ophiuchus hissed at him as well, and he went pale and immediately forfeited as well. Gray laughed at him. I nodded at Gemini, who closed Ophiuchus' gate and changed her form back into me, which to my dismay, STILL HAS A FRICKING BATH TOWEL ON!!

I thanked Gemini and closed their gate, but not before telling them that next time I want them to change into the other copy they took whenever they transformed into me.

Gray ran up and hugged me from behind, as the others, including Doranbolt and the three men ran up to the four of us. They all had their mouths open in a state of shock.

I giggled nervously then told them, "Close your mouths. You don't want to catch flies before your battles, do you?" I laughed.

Their mouths closed, but their shocked expressions didn't change.

Erza and Doranbolt snapped out of it first.

"Explain what the hell just happened!" Erza exclaimed.

I nervously avoided eye contact with her.

"Eheh, well . . ." I started.