Chapter 20 Part II

Just then my phone rang and I simply had the feeling that it was from Jake. I instructed Phillip to take the soldiers out very quietly, so as to not alert anyone in the pack. The hall we were in was located at the outskirts of the pack so that must not be so difficult. I reminded him that we still needed to keep an eye on them as one of them still could possibly be a mole.

I answered my phone and all I could hear was rapid breathing on the other side of the phone and I got scared for a moment that Jake has been captured but then his voice echoed through the speakers, " You won't be happy with what I am about to tell you. You will so not be happy"

" Thank god you are alive"

" Yes I am alive and I am Santa so I come bearing the gift of knowledge. He has accumulated a huge army, we are talking at least a thousand feral rouges here, who are ready to tear apart anything that comes within their line of sight. Well, their sense of smell is shit which definitely helps but still, they are dangerous".

" What about Ramsey, do you have any information on him, any information. He is at least alive right?"

" Yes he is alive, I heard one of the rouges talking about how he wants to gobble up the pathetic boy so yes he is alive for now but we need to hurry. I couldn't get too close to the house but it's a medium-sized cabin with rouges surrounding it"

" We can't just go in blind, we need to get them surrounded and vulnerable, leave them with no exit strategy. We need to attack from all sides and we need to be aggressive about it", Jake advised based on what he was witnessing there.

" You are right. I will get the plan in place and also keep you posted. We are moving in our wolf forms so we would be there by early morning. Where do you think we should hole up till you are ready to attack?", I asked, wanting to be as prepared as possible.

" On my way here, about a mile from the hideout, I found a huge abandoned mansion which will be perfect for you all to hole up for the time being until we are finally ready to attack. And Xav, we have this, we will slaughter this monster for once and all so he will never be able to harm any more innocent children. Just a little longer my friend", the last few sentences were said in a soft tone and were filled with so much compassion and determination that for some time I was just left speechless.

After a meaningful pause, we simply said our goodbyes with a promise to keep each posted as much as possible.

Feeling a little relieved after a very long time, I let myself bask in it for just a minute longer before I once again got in front of all my soldiers and asked them to transform into their wolf form so that we can finally get a move on.

Now in my wolf form, I looked at all the people gathered before me, my brave soldiers who were willing to sacrifice their lives to save that of a small innocent child that didn't even belong to our pack.

I know that a lot of them knew that it was the same monster who had kidnapped me and I was thankful that it was incentive enough for them to put their life at stake for the cause.

" Let's go", I yelled telepathically and just like that we were on the move leaving the pack in the experienced hands of our former beta.

" Sam just texted me, they are all set and will start their journey for the place in about one and a half hour. He also said that Lucas and his soldiers will be on the move, an hour after that, so that they will reach the place at approximately the same time, a few minutes after us", Phillip who was running just beside me, communicated telepathically.

" Great. Jake told me that just a mile away from the hideout place there is an abandoned mansion of sorts and that can be our stop for the time being before you decide to attack. Let's Sam and Lucas know about it on our first and only rest stop", I informed him.