060. perfect

This was requested by AwkwardGit

Warning: Self harm (overall it's not a sad imagine though, just some dark themes)

(Resources in the comments)

3rd person pov:

Y/n was always quiet, antisocial, and most of the time, a lone wolf. Though things began to change when she met her current boyfriend, Jughead Jones. Around him, she was happier, and she began to let her guard down. She started to open up, even becoming friends with some of his friends, 'The Core Four' as Jug liked to call them, though they became the core five after Y/n came along.

Jughead was... clueless to say the least. She was a goddess in his eyes, from her exterior to her mind, he wouldn't change a thing about her. He never saw her imperfections or flaws, not like she did. He never noticed her insecurities or the way she was distant with most people. He never questioned why she always needed constant reassurance that she was loved.

She was just perfect in his eyes.

But in her eyes she was worthless, she wasn't pretty like all the other girls, and she wasn't smart enough to get into any good colleges. And everyone in her life just pretended to like her, they actually couldn't stand being around her, and it was all her fault.

She pushed those thoughts aside when she was with him though. He made her feel... better.

This morning she was lying in bed, mindlessly scrolling through social media, when she was informed she was having company today, because Jug was just simply bored. He stopped asking if he could come over, and just began informing her he was coming to raid their fridge. She threw on a sweater and jeans and waited for him to arrive.

The rest of the day was normal, she made them mac and cheese and they watched American Horror Story together, while cuddling under the blankets on Y/n's bed.

After a few episodes, Jug began to get bored, and had the bright idea to begin a tickle fight, trying to make Y/n laugh, for her smile was contagious. He tickled her sides, making her immediately burst out in a fit of giggles. She gasped for air, trying to push him away, though it just led to more tickles.

She playfully hit his chest, in between fits of laughter. He grabbed her by the forearms, to stop her attacking his chest. She winced at his action, and cursed herself for doing so, seeing how he noticed. She turned her head away from him, playing with the ends of her sleeves. A million thoughts ran through his mind as he slowly and gently reached for her hands.

"Can I?" He asked, wanting to get her full permission so he wasn't crossing any boundaries without her consent.

With tears in her eyes, she accepted it and gave him her hands. He softly lifted up the black sleeves of her sweater. (TW) His eyes traveled up and down her scar covered arm, a few of the cuts looked fresh and dark. It all began to make sense- why she would never take off her hoodies, even when it was hot, and why she always looked uncomfortable when it came to physical contact.

"I'm sorry." She whispered, pulling her arms back. The tears in her eyes escaped, cascading down her cheek. He was quick to wipe them away with his thumb, looking into her eyes, as she tried to avoid looking at him.

"Don't apologize. You did nothing wrong." He assured, scooting closer so their legs were pressed against each other. His arm made it's way around her waist, and she completely gave up, falling onto him, letting her tears dampen his shirt.

He stayed silent, letting her have her moment, his hands rubbing up and down her back comfortingly. The way her body shook as she cried, and the sobs coming from her mouth, absolutely tore him apart. He hated seeing her like this, the girl he loved so unhappy.

"I let you down" She whispered into his chest.

"No you didn't. Why would you even say that?"

"Because I'm supposed to be your 'perfect' girlfriend, and I'm not. I'm sorry" She said, letting out another sob.

"Y/n, you're not 'supposed' to be anything! And you don't have to be 'perfect'. Not for anyone, and especially not for me. I'm sorry if I ever made you feel like you had to be." She lay still and silent against his chest, the only sound was that of her breathing. "You don't have to hide from me Y/n. I'm here for you, always."

"I know"

"I don't want this for you. I don't want you to feel alone. I'm always gonna be here for you. So next time, instead of picking up that bl*de, or whatever it is you use, pick up the phone and call me. I don't care if it's 2 in the morning, if you need me, I'll be here. Okay?" She nodded, little sniffles coming from her nose. She mumbled a small 'okay' and went back to hugging him.

"You're so important to me... you're the most important to me. If anything happened to you... I don't know what I'd do. I need you in my life forever, alright?"

"Alright"

And that promise, was the one she kept.