009. movie night

Warning: F.p and his drinking problem

"So, what are we watching tonight Jug?" I asked as I sat down on the couch next to him. Jughead invited me over to watch movies for the night, and my father trusted Jug enough to let us be alone in his trailer, even though F.p. wasn't home. It'd been a few months since Jug moved back in with his dad, and he couldn't be happier. He really cleaned up his act, started going back to work, and quit drinking. It'd changed Jug a lot, he was in a more positive mood, knowing his home life wasn't a complete disaster now.

"Well I was thinking, some old classics."

"That's what we always watch... but I'm fine with that" Our movie lineup was Scream, The Outsiders, and Ferris Bueller's day off. Movies we'd watched dozens of times, but they never got old.

"Jug, I'm gonna go make some popcorn" I informed him and made my way to the kitchen, cooking the popcorn and drizzling chocolate syrup over the top. He thought I was crazy at first, but when he tried it, he realized how delicious it is. It's our thing now.

I returned to the room to see a happy Jughead, awaiting me and my popcorn. I laid my head on his shoulder, placing the bowl in between us while he stole a handful and popped it into his mouth.

And that's how our night went, cuddled up with one another and watching movies. Just like normal.

~Later that night~

A loud bang jolted me awake, I looked over to a groggy looking Jughead, who was confused and tired. I pushed the blanket off my body and was about to investigate before Jug grabbed my arm.

"Don't. I'll go." He whispered, walking out of the room with extreme caution. My heart began to race as my brain began to overthink, going to worst-case scenarios, mostly including Jughead getting hurt in one way or another.

"What the hell dad! Seriously?" I walked out to see Jughead's dad, stumbling around the living room, a beer in hand, drunk out of his mind.

"Watch your tone boy"

"See this, this is the reason Mom and Jellybean live 5 hours away. This is the reason they will never come back. This is the reason I was homeless for 6 months!" Jug screamed, his voice cracking at the end. I wanted to hug him, to drag him away. But I couldn't, I was frozen in place.

F.p walked over to him, slowly but with extreme anger. He placed his drink down and raised his fist, striking Jughead across the cheek. It all happened in slow motion, Jug regained his balance, considering which option was better: Hit his father back and save himself or wait for Fp, to see if he'd make another move. In the end he decided to shove him backwards, and while that was effective for a second, Fp soon stood back up, leading him to get in a full fist fight with his son.

I watched in horror as he threw Jug around, meanwhile, like an idiot, I stood watching with tears in my eyes, feeling helpless. He threw him down for the final time, leading me to gasp in fear. He walked over to me, throwing me up against the wall, his arms pining me down.

"You saw nothing" I nodded quickly and repeatedly, wanting him to get off of me so I could see if Jug was ok. He set me back on the ground harshly and left the trailer.

"Juggie" I yelled and ran over to him. His face was bleeding and he had a full black eye. He was weak, and tired, but still grabbed me by the waist and made me assure him I was ok

"Yeah, he didn't hurt me, are you okay though?"

"Physically yes. A bruised ego more than anything. I can't believe I thought he could change, I'm stupid and I paid for it."

"Hey, hey, hey, that's my boyfriend you're talking about. You're not stupid, you have a good heart, and you value family."

"You're the only family I can really trust." I smiled to him, but quickly realized where we were.

"We're going back to my house, we have to sneak through the window, but at least we'll be safe there."

"It wouldn't be the first time I snuck into your room" He smirked, trying to fix this with humor. I smacked him in the arm, taking his hand in mine and walking out the trailer door. I'm officially counting this as our worst movie night ever.

~The next day~

Jug insisted we go back to his trailer, to check on his dad. I didn't know what to expect as we walked up the stairs in front of the trailer.

"Y/n, get behind me, just in case." He opened the door and there F.p was, sitting on the couch, just like normal.

"Jug! What the hell happened to you boy?" He yelled when he saw us. I felt Jug tense up, realizing he had to face the sad reality. I slid my hand in his, giving it a squeeze as if to say 'I'm here'

"Um, you did, dad." F.p looked confused and horrified. He started to ask when Jughead cut him off,

"You came home drunk, really drunk. You beat the shit out of me and threw Y/n against the wall." He said as fast as he could, just wanting this to be over. He stood, stunned by the information he was just given.

"Y/n, Jughead, I'm so sorry. I got let go at work yesterday and went down to the Wyrm and ended up having a couple drinks. I- I never meant to hurt anyone." I turn to Jug, who merely nods in response, biting back tears. He's never been an openly emotional person, but when it comes to his family especially his dad, he can't help it. He's been through so much, and there's nothing I can do to help.

"I'm gonna sober up. For real this time. I'm going to get another job, I'll get mom and Jellybean back home, I'll fix things Jug, I promise."

"Ok- Well Y/n and I have to go, school project" He lied, grabbing my hand and dragging me out.

"Do you believe him? Do you think he'll do it, get your family back together?"

"I don't know. He has good intentions, but it's just not reality. Thank you though"

"For what?"

"For sticking with me, through thick and thin"

"It's you and me forever Jug" I said, standing on my tiptoes to kiss his lips.

I hate it so much please kill me