052. couple goals

A/n: This was requested by Vampirenight19 sorry it took so long.

Y/n's pov:

Pop's chock lit shoppe, the heart and soul of Riverdale. The most cliche place for a date, but my favorite, none the less. It was Jughead's favorite too, which was probably why we went so well together. That's where we were currently, sitting together in a booth at Pop's, during our traditional Friday date night.

"So how was your day?" He asks, grabbing a fry off my plate, even though he has a plate of his own. I smack his hand away and answer his question.

"It was alright. I had Ms. Williams for homeroom, which I skipped because who even goes to homeroom. And I got detention for  skipping homeroom." He rolled his eyes at me, hating it when I get in trouble.

"I wish we could go to the same school" I whined, grabbing his hand over the table. A few months ago, Jug got transferred to southside high, which although it was a big change, we didn't let it affect our relationship.

"I know. Then we could complain about how Ms. Williams is a bitch, together"

"Couple goals-" My sentence was cut short as time stopped. That's when she walked in the door. The blonde haired, tight skirt, pink lipstick, perfect cheerleader from next door. 

Betty Cooper.

Not only was she Jughead's ex-girlfriend, but she was the school's 'it' girl. Yes, she was the perfect girl next door, but the girls wanted to be her and the boys wanted to be with her. It didn't start out that way, she was normal once. But when everyone found out she was part of the blossom family, they freaked. Cheryl took her under her wing and Betty changed, and not for the better. That's when Jug broke it off with her, which is why me and him were together.

I'd always felt insecure around her, seeing as she was the ex-girlfriend of my current boyfriend. She was so much better than me, in every way. She was smarter, prettier, more popular. She had everything, the perfect family, the perfect life, and I had none of that.

"Hey guys" she said, appearing at our table.

"Oh hey Betts" I cringed as he used her nickname, something he often called her when they were together.

"Hey Betty" I waved awkwardly, wanting to disappear. 

"You wanna join us?" Jug asked. Betty, without hesitation, scooted in the booth next to him. I began to panic, not knowing what to do. I grabbed my bag from beside me and stood up, making both of them look at me.

"I-I... I gotta go-" I said, speed walking out the door.

Jug's pov:

I watched as Y/n ran out the door in a panicked state. I looked to Betty who looked equally as confused. 

"I gotta go after her" I hopped over the back of the booth and walked out the door. 

She was already gone by the time I got outside. Y/n always loved riding on the back of my motorcycle, so every time we'd have 'date night' I would be sure to bring my bike. It came in handy tonight, helping me get around a lot faster. I threw my helmet on and started up the bike, riding off in a hurry.

I rode through the chilly streets, the leather of my jacket not warm enough to withstand the cool autumn air. After a few minutes I reached her house. The white paint on the house was chipping, and the large, brown front door wasn't very welcoming, but she loved it either way.

I walked up the front steps, tilting the potted plant that sits next to the door. Under the pot was a spare house key, one I often used. I wasn't worried about climbing in the window because it was Friday night, date night for her parents, as well as for us. 

I marched into Y/n's room, to see her standing by her vanity, staring in the mirror, a look of disgust on her face. She turned when she saw me,

"Jug-"

"What's going on? Why'd you leave like that-"

"I can explain" She took a deep breath, as if she was about to give the hardest news of her life, "It's Betty. Every time she comes around, I get... uncomfortable."

"Is it because we dated?" I asked as reality sunk in.

"Not only that. She's just, so pretty and perfect, and it's just... a lot different from me"

"Listen, I don't want perfect. And I don't want Betty, I want you. Because I love you, and only you. Alright?" She nodded, but refused to make eye contact with me. I can see the disbelief on her face, as if she still thinks she's not good enough.

I picked her up by her waist, hugging her to my chest and carrying her across the room as she laughed, telling me to put her down. I threw her down onto her bed, jumping into the bed beside her, hugging her close to my chest. I'd never been the affectionate type, but being with her changed everything.

After her laughter died down, she turned to face me,

"You really meant what you said?"

"Of course. I mean, it's like you said earlier: 'We're couple goals'"

A/n: Worst. Imagine. Ever. Written.🤮🤮🤮 That was so bad, I'm so sorry