020. g&g

Y/n's pov:

"Morning Y/n" I hear Jughead say groggily through the phone.

"Sorry, did I wake you?"

"No, what's up?"

"I just miss you. Wanna come over today?"

"I can't. I'm going to be working on something with the serpents today."

"Oh, where are you guys going to be?"

"Uh, some place in the woods. Sorry, I gotta go"

The line drops after that.

~Later~

By noon I'm driving myself mad, trying to figure out where Jughead could be.

"Hey Betty, sorry to bother you but can I talk to you a minute?" I say, stepping into her house.

"What's wrong Y/n, you look stressed."

"It's Jughead. He said he's working with the serpents but he's a terrible liar. Is there anywhere he would go that I don't know about?"

"He could be in dilton's bunker, but that's very unlikely."

"Where is this bunker?"

~The bunker~

"Juggie?" I call as I climb down the ladder

I hop off the last step and gasp at the sight in front of me. Jughead, Sweet Pea, Toni, Cheryl and Fangs are sitting around a table playing Griffins and Gargoyles.

"What are you guys doing? Are you playing G&G?"

Everyone jumped as they saw me, clearly unaware I had entered the bunker.

"Y/n! I'm on level 3, but it's only a matter of time before I ascend." Jughead says, with a look in his eye I've never seen before. Those emerald eyes once filled with life were now blank, taken over by the evil beneath the game.

"Have you gone insane? You promised you wouldn't play this awful game!"

"It's not a game. No, it's real. The Gargoyle king, he's real. And I'm gonna meet him."

"Not on my watch" I said and flipped the table, sending the entire game flying everywhere.

Everyone yelled 'No!' and 'Why would you do that?'. Jughead storms over to me.

"What the hell is wrong with you? We were in the middle of a quest!"

"You promised me, you promised your dad! Do you really want to disappoint him? After all he's been through?"

Jughead threw me against the wall, terror flooded my body as I looked at the boy I was deathly in love with. Instead I saw a monster, someone who doesn't know love. A robot.

"Don't you dare disrespect me like that again!" He screamed. I looked over his shoulder to see them watching with wide eyes as my boyfriend pinned me against the wall.

"Jug! Let go, you're hurting me!" I tried to squirm out of his grip but he held me tight.

His grip released as I felt a hard punch to the side of my cheek. My eyes begin to water as I look up to see Jughead with a pale face, realizing what he had just done. I stood up and sprinted out of there.

I ran to the only person I could trust right now. F.p Jones.

"F.p! I really need you" I yelled, running into the Jones' trailer.

"Woah, Y/n. What happened?" He said, running a hand over the bruise on my cheek.

"Jughead. He's playing G&G! I flipped the game board and he got really mad." I said, out of breath.

"Wait, He's playing G&G and he hit you?"

I nodded.

"Go home. I'll call you when he's mentally stable again."

~Later~

I get a text late in the afternoon from F.p:

You can come over now. He's been asking for you nonstop.

I rode my bike to the trailer and opened the door.

"Y/N?" Jug yells. He's sitting on the floor, handcuffed to the refrigerator.

I look at F.p.

"I didn't know what else to do. He was going crazy. I'll leave you two to talk."

I sit on the ground next to him.

"Y/N! I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to hit you. I'm the worst person ever. Please help me." He said half-yelling while he begged for forgiveness. He squirmed under the handcuff, trying to hug me.

"Juggie. I'm so worried about you. You've never hit me before. I was really scared. I never, ever, thought I would have to be scared of you. You're supposed to protect me, not hurt me."

"No. Please. Just trust me. This will never happen again. I'll quit the game, for good. Just give me another chance. I love you Y/n!"

I jumped on top of him and hugged him tight.

"I'm not taking you off those handcuffs boy." F.p said as he walked back into the trailer.

"I'll stay right here next to you until you're free again" I said kind of sadly.

I grabbed some pillows and a blanket and we cuddled up by the refrigerator for the rest of the night.

"Y/n/n, I'm going to be apologizing for the rest of my life, but I'm sorry. I can't believe I laid a hand on my beautiful girlfriend. I don't want to know that I'm capable of doing that. I'm a monster."

"You're not a monster. You did a bad thing and it hurt me. I'll get over it. I'm just glad you're back to being the Juggie that I know. The caring, handsome, thoughtful boy I love." I say and kiss his lips.

I curled into his side as we fell asleep. Our dark past behind us.

Because Y/n and Jughead, now that's a team you can count on.