003. attention

A/n: Y/n/n= Your nickname (Duh)

Y/n's pov:

It was a boring summer Tuesday, Dad's at work, and Archie's doing... whatever it is Archie does, leaving me the house to myself. Taking the opportunity, I invited Jughead over to hang out. Though I didn't expect us to be where we were. He immediately took a seat on the couch, and continued to write his Jason Blossom novel, like he always does. Sometimes it feels like he pays more attention to his computer, than to me.

I listen to the way he aggressively slams his fingers on the keyboard, the cute way his eyebrows furrow distracting me from the fact that I'm mad at him. I close the book I was reading and wiggle myself under his arm, so my head is resting on his lap.

"Y/n, can you not. I'm trying to write" He sighed in frustration, oblivious of the fact that I just wanted his attention. I shift back to my original position, annoyed. Minutes go by and nothing changed, he hadn't even looked up from his screen.

"Juggie" I drag out his name.

"Yes?" he says, never glancing up from his computer. I don't reply but instead I walk to the kitchen. The one thing Jughead can never ignore is a good snack. I grab a bowl and I make some popcorn, putting a small amount of salt on it, just the way he likes it. I stride into the living room, knowing he won't be able to resist the smell of a bowl of popcorn. I set the bowl down in between us, finally getting his attention.

"Oh, thanks Y/n/n" He says, leaning over to kiss my forehead, then going back to his computer. I sigh angrily and eat the popcorn between us, trying to think of a plan. A lightbulb goes off in my brain as I think of the perfect idea. I stand up from my spot and move so I'm hovering over Jughead. He doesn't even look up at me but just says,

"Y/n, what are you doing?" Without hesitation I snatched the precious beanie off his head, and start running. From the other room, I can hear him shut his laptop, and his footsteps following me. I ran through the kitchen, and up the stairs, all the way into my bedroom. I belly-flopped on to the bed and right on cue Jughead came in after me. He pined me down and began tickling my sides.

"OK! OK!" I yelled between laughs. He stopped tickling me, his face turning serious, as he tucked my now-messy hair, behind my ear.

"Was I ignoring you again?" He asked with a slight frown as I nodded.

"I'm sorry, you know I don't do it on purpose. I love you, Y/n"

"I love you too Jug" I said quietly. He brought my eyes to meet his,

"Let's take the rest of the day and go to sweetwater river, we can have a picnic or something." He suggested with a large grin.

"I'd love that"