Chapter 21

Kageyama woke up in the hospital. It was dark, probably the middle of the night.

He sat up taking in his surroundings, he was alone yet that wasn't his biggest issue at the moment.

Hinata.

Kageyama stood up without thinking, his head was dizzy but he powered through it stumbling toward to the door of his room. He needed to go see Hinata.

His phone. Kageyama darted his sight towards his bag that was laying on a chair, he ran up to it, as quickly as possible, he tried searching his bag for his phone until it was finally in his grasp. He unlocked it, the bright screen hurt his eyes which were adjusting to the light. The digital clock read 2:36 but that didn't stop Kageyama, he hardly even considered it a obstacle in his mission. He went through his contacts until he finally found Hinata's under 'Tangerine'. A secret he wasn't going to tell anyone.

'I'm coming over' He texted with no hesitation. He wasn't going to take no for an answer at this moment. He picked up his bag and swan it around his shoulders and made his way back to the door and out into the corridor. The hallways were dark and the lights flickered on and off, something that truly was out of a horror movie. Just as he was making the corner, the last stretch to the exit, a doctor stopped him. He was asking questions, but Kageyama blocked out the noise, his eyes focusing on the exit and the fastest route to Hinata's house. He pushed past the doctor who was now shouting at him yet Kageyama's legs kept running. He pushed the doors to the outside, finding that it was raining. The droplets fell onto Kageyama's face, running down his cheeks making a cold sensation spread through his body. Yet his legs kept moving, his body wasn't in his control anymore, he just followed his instinct and didn't stop running.

The rain kept getting worse.

His feet felt heavy beneath him as he felt his body weight drag him forward. He finally made his way to Hinata's door and stood in front of it. He just stood there at his door step, yet his hand wouldn't move to knock. He pulled out his phone hiding it from the rain as best as possible.

Kageyama called Hinata's number.

Voicemail.

One more time.

Voicemail.

Again.

Beep. "Kageyama? You're awake? Why are you calling this late?" Kageyama couldn't speak, he was breathing heavily as his adrenaline died down and his body weakened from the sprint he just ran. " Hello? Kageyama why are you breathing so heavily? Where are you?" Hinata's voice seemed to be taken over with worry.

"Your door." That's all Kageyama managed to spit out. Clutching his phone tighter to his face, wide eyes.

"What about my door? What's at my door?"

"Come to your door." Kageyama's voice was calm and quiet, gentle even which soothed Hinata out of his anxiety. He quickly tiptoed to his front door before taking in a deep breath and opening. One thing he did not expect to see in front of him was Kageyama himself. The sight of Kageyama dripping wet toyed with his heart as if someone was clutching it tight.

"I love you."

"W-what?" For some reason the words that came out of Kageyama made Hinata tear up, he was confused but at the same time he suppressed those feelings as he was finally able to hear those 3 words that managed to bring him more comfort than anything else in the world. Kageyama found the courage to pull out his hand and grasped Hinata's hand and intertwined their fingers, Hinata gripped harder not wanted to let go of this sensation.

"Hinata, I remember." Kageyama let out a laugh as tears of his own started flowing down his already sunken face. "I remember that your favourite food is Tamago Kake Gohan. I remember that your favourite colour is blue and how much you love your family. I remember how you started playing volleyball. I remember how much I loved you." Happy tears fell down both the boys eyes, the feeling of a boulder being lifted off their shoulders.

"But how? What made you remember?" Hinata asked holding Kageyama's hand as tightly as possible, not letting him get away for him. Not again.

"I saw you fly Hinata."

A melodic laugh came out of Hinata as Kageyama took a step forward to embrace the smaller man in front of him not realising that he was drenched and accidentally made Hinata all wet as well.

"Oh, I'm sorry Hinata, I didn-" Hinata grabbed the collar of Kageyama's shirt and pulled it down to his level before smashing both of their lips together. Their tears felt warm as their cold faces pressed together. Their lips danced together like they finally found their way home to each other's touch. Kageyama's hand travelled up to hold on to Hinata's face, brushing his thumb across his cheek, wiping away his tears in the process while his other hand wrapped around his waist pulling him closer, their bodies pressed together, both trying to feel each other's touch as much as possible. The kiss became stronger with ever second, and their breathing picked up the pace.

They both kissed with passion coming out of them, Kageyama pulled away ever so slightly, their eyes fixed on each other, while their faces were just inches away.

"I'm home Hinata." Kageyama whispered loud enough for Hinata to hear. Hinata couldn't contain his smile as he finally felt like he was back with the one person he loved more than the world. "Thank you for not giving up on me." Kageyama moved his hand from Hianta's cheek to the back of his head and pulled him closer so that Hinata could rest his head on Kageyama's chest. Squeezing him tightly.

"I'll never give up on you. No matter what happens." Hinata returned the gesture by wrapping his hands around Kageyama's waist and buried his head into his soaked chest. Not having a care in the world the both of them were standing in the rain both drenched.

Yet everything felt so perfect.

"I love you too."