Chapter 15

It's been 5 hours.

5 hours Hinata has been sitting in a hospital waiting for Kageyama to get out of surgery. His eyes felt sore from the tears that have been non-stop falling, his face was puffed up and his nose runny. He didn't care what he looked like though, all he cared about was if Kageyama is alive. He couldn't believe the situation he ended up in. Kageyama's family was also there, his mum kept Hinata comfort, both of their hearts broken.

And it was all her fault.

5 hours ago

Everything happen so fast. One second Hinata was laughing, waving goodbye and the next he was on the floor, his eyes fixated on Kageyama's body on the floor covered in that specific hue of red. For a moment Hinata felt paralysed, his body wouldn't move while his eyes where focused on the scene in front of him.

As soon as he regained sense of the scene he ran up to Kageyama who's eyes were half way closed. He fell next to his body. His eyes were already tearing up uncontrollably, he held onto Kageyama's face trying to get him to respond in any way.

"Kageyama stay with me!" He cried as more blood kept escaping his body, getting everywhere on Hinata yet he didn't care, that was the last of his worries at that moment. He quickly reached for his phone and dialled the number for an ambulance. Kageyama might have saved him there but now it was his turn, he had to keep Kageyama with him. Every time he saw that his eyes were closing he would pull him closer and try to communicate with him.

That's when the driver came out the car. Hinata turned around to look at the person next to the door. He couldn't believe his own eyes.

It was the one and only Akuhei.

She was also standing there, her eyes wide and her hand covering her mouth.

"Why did you do it?" Hinata cried out, his voice breaking and choking on his own tears. "WHY?"

"I- I didn't mean to." She was shaking as she debated if she should run up or stay where she was. "It was an accident." She said that almost whispering, the imagine of her hitting Kageyama kept playing on repeat in her head. She wanted to run up to Kageyama and hold him in her arms but the sight of Hinata made her heart throb out of jealousy.

"How could you hit someone by accident, I know you did this on purpose!" Hinata's voice was shaking so much from all the emotions that he could hardly spit out the words that were piling up in him head.

"I didn't want to hit him," Akuhei continued, her expression suddenly changed making a thrown, she took out her hand which was shaking all over the place and pointed straight at Hinata. "I wanted to hit you, not him, I would never hurt him. I just wanted to take you out of the picture." A mix of sadness and anger was expressed in her words. Hinata frowned at her words, he couldn't believe what he was hearing.

"You're insane." Hinata whispered loud enough for her to hear, if it wasn't for Kageyama in his arms he would have come up to her and punched her in the face for all the horrible things that she caused to happen. "Leave." That one single word sent shivers down her spine, Hinata was different than before, actual fear crept up on Akuhei, something she hasn't felt in quite a while.

"No I-"

"I said leave, don't make my repeat myself." Hinata wasn't even looking at Akuhei yet his words felt like a dagger piercing her heart. She stood there for another few seconds looking down at the boy who's hair now looked more red than orange probably reflecting on his built up anger. She jumped back in her car and drove away as fast as possible, she could feel tears falling down slowly, one by one. You really messed things up this time. Stalking them all day and for what. She cursed, hitting the driving wheel with her fist.

It didn't take long for Akuhei's car to disappear from Hinata's view, he could hear sirens coming closer and closer, finally some help. Hinata tried keeping his hopes up, constantly talking to Kageyama trying to make sure he doesn't loose conscientiousness.

"Hey, stay with me, you can't leave, you promised you'd stay with me remember." Kageyama's eyes were beginning to close more and more until they completely shut. Hinata tried keeping him awake by gently slapping his face but to no success.

It didn't take long for the ambulance to arrive and they took Kageyama away from Hinata, straight away putting him in the back of the ambulance. Hinata followed like a lost puppy, covered in Kageyama's blood, but he didn't even notice. His focus was on his boyfriend and making sure he was okay. The people who came out of the ambulance kept asking questions like, "could you explain what happen?" "What relationship do you have with the patient?" But Hinata couldn't hear anything, his eyes were just fixated on Kageyama body being transported inside the car.

The journey felt like ages even if it was mare minuets. Waiting for a glimmer of hope while the doctors where already buzzing around like bees working their magic trying to keep the only thing that matter to Hinata alive. He could feel his heart beating so loudly, it's like everything else was blurred out and the only thing he could hear was the beats.

It's been 5 hours.

5 hours Hinata has been sitting in a hospital waiting for Kageyama to get out of surgery.

Until it was finally over. A doctor came out, his face wasn't ecstatic or happy in any way.

No. Hinata kept repeating in his head. The pause between when he came out the room and when he started talking felt like forever.

"He's in a coma." A sigh of relief came out of Hinata. He's going to be okay. "We don't know when he's going to wake up but it can be any minute."

Hinata felt torn by his emotions. On one side he was happy at he was alive but at the same time he was in a coma, all because of him. He should have been more careful, if he looked at his surroundings more, Kageyama would have never been hurt in the first place.

"You can go see him now." The Doctor continued. Hinata and Kageyama's family rushed into the room where Kageyama's body lay. The room fell silent, only the beeping sound of the heart monitor echoed in the room which made everyone freeze like a statue. Everything still felt like a dream to Hinata, he couldn't take in the image that stood before him yet he still walked over to Kageyama's bed a practically dropped onto the side of his bed, his face buried in his arms that were resting next to Kageyama. He wailed whilst tears overflowed his vision, he just couldn't believe this was all happening.

He stayed like that for what seemed like forever, refusing to move until Kageyama wakes up. 

If he wakes up.