Chapter 10

The squeaking noise of shoes echoed in the gym as all the Karusono boys continued to practise until their hearts were content. It has been around two weeks since Hinata and Kageyama made it official. They have told only their team about their newly born relationship but preferred to keep it hidden from the majority of the school. Those two weeks were one of Kageyama's happiest weeks of his life, he has never felt so much joy in his heart and he finally felt like he belongs to someone who really liked him. He felt like he was finally able to have a friend who he could trust and share everything with. 

As all practises it had to come to an end sooner or later, all the boys made their way to the locker room so they could finally switch to some fresh clothes and head home. All the boys gathered together saying their goodbyes as one by one left the building until only Hinata and Kageyama were left.

"You coming?" Kageyama called out about to head for the exit. They always waited for each other, it was their favourite part of the day, except from the volleyball practice. A time where they can walk together home and just talk about whatever comes to their minds.

"Yeah, I'll be out in a second, I just need to get my jacket from my locker." Hinata answered.

"I'll be waiting outside." Kageyama left the room and Hinata made his way to his locker.  As he opened his locker a piece of paper flew out and fell on the ground. What is this? Hinata thought, he's not the kind of person to be popular enough to get confessions from people in school or just any letters in general.  He bent down to pick up the piece of paper and opened up the nearly folded note.

"Meet me tomorrow at the shed at 4"  Hinata kept re-reading the note as if there was a secret meaning to it. Maybe it's from Kags but that's so not like him. A loud knock was heart from the door.

"Hinata what's taking so long, you okay?"  Kageyama shouted from outside. Hinata took longer than he thought staring at this simple sentence.

"Yeah, I'm coming!" Hinata replied shoving the note into his pocket and running out to meet up with Kageyama. Kageyama reached out to ruffle Hinata's bright hair, it brought comfort to Hinata, and his messy hair made him look even cuter which caused Kageyama to start blushing uncontrollably. He just wanted to give Hinata a big hug and kiss him all over.

They were walking now for around 5 minuets and not a lot of conversation was going on, Hinata's mind was racing to many thoughts about the anonymous note, a big part of him had to just know who was the one who gave it to him, Hinata's curious side won once again and was set on meeting the mystery person.

Suddenly, out of no where Hinata felt the smooth touch of Kageyama's fingers interlocking with his, Hinata looked up to to find Kageyama looking down at their hands holding each other, he's so cute, Hinata thought.

"Is there something bothering you? You haven't said much." Kageyama starts talking, clearly worried for his boyfriend, Hinata is always so full of energy, always talking about the most random of things.

"No, I'm good." Hinata answered, he felt his heart sink at the thought of him lying to Kageyama. He knew he shouldn't do that, so why couldn't he tell him the truth. There was something in him that was just holding him back from telling him everything.

"Did I do something wrong?" Kageyama spoke again with a subtle voice, you could hear the sadness escaping through Kageyama's words which only made Hinata feel even worse.

"What, of course not. You've been so good to me the past weeks, You don't have to worry about anything." Hinata answered in a stern voice, he really didn't want to worry Kageyama, that could also explain why he didn't want to tell him the whole truth about what was bothering him.

Kageyama chuckles under his breath while looking down, trailing his eyes long the path he was walking on.

"You know," Kageyama started, "I always thought I wasn't the best person when it comes to other people I was always focused on myself and did what's best for myself. But now I know I wasn't a good person. When I met you and saw how much of a purely good person you were, helping others and treating everyone like your friend, believe it or not I really admired that. But I'm nothing like you, I just watched you go and become a good person to everyone you met and I just adored you so much. It makes me think a lot, it makes me wonder what makes you think I'm so special." Kageyama had a gentle smile on his face, it's like those words kind of hurt him in a way because he didn't feel good enough for Hinata, he still wonders sometimes how come he got so lucky to have an angel like Hinata like someone like him.

"Kageyama... You've changed a lot since I've met you, you've also become a good person you know."

"But-"

"No buts, I love how much your trying to become better and I've never seen you as a bad person, sure you had your moments but you were always good on the inside, no matter what you say I know you cared about other people and now you care about them even more, even if you don't always show it."

Hinata really meant what he said, although the guilt was building inside him. Keeping things from Kageyama was more unpleasant than he thought. He looked over to search for Kageyama's expression, he seemed relieved, Hinata's goal for the time being is to make sure Kageyama is able to love himself in a way to make him realise that he blossomed Into a different person, a person he should be proud of.

Hinata jumped in front on Kageyama, constantly holding his hand. He gazed into Kageyama's sorrow soul, through his eyes he could tell he's a bit lost, empty from the lack of affection, he was going to make sure he could fill Kageyama again with love and happiness, all he wanted was happiness for him.

Steadily, Hinata lifted Kageyama's hand to his face and rested his face on the palm of the raven haired boy. Hinata closed his eyes for a split second to take in the tingling feeling he felt from just the touch of his boyfriend. Without realising Hinata reached out for Kageyama's collar and pulled him down to his level before place one of his well too known passionate kisses. Kageyama's eyes widened at the sudden actions, flustered all over his face. It's something he really liked about Hinata, he always manages to surprise him no matter how big or small the occasion is.

"You know I'll always be there for you." Hinata continued as their foreheads touched and their eyes were closed. "Even if you were hospitalised for weeks I'd still be there, waiting for you." The dark haired boy laughed at Hinata's obscured scenario.

"Thank you for everything you've done for me." He replied, creating a beautiful smile on Hinata's face.

Tomorrow I will meet this mystery person and see what they want, and then it will be over and done with, no need to think about it so much. I just have to be a bit patience and not worry Kageyama, it will be all fine.