Chapter Nine - Emma's POV

hi guys. this month is really busy for me, so again, please expect slow updates! I am going away on vacation around the 22nd of December until a few days after the New Years. I will be busy when I get back also, but everything will *hopefully* die down at the end of January.

I've also notice that i havent had any feedback on my last chapter. I know my story is still new and undiscovered, but if you read it and you liked it please comment or vote. It means more to me than you think; it tells me that you actually enjoy reading my story and you support me. This gives me more ambition to update faster and put more effort in my writing also!(:

I really hope I can gain more long-term readers from my advertising. I want people to like my story and enjoy it so please express your opinions of it.

enough of my spheal. here's your long awaited chapter!

you are fabulouis - Rachel xx

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emma's POV

"Um, hello love." a familiar voice behind me sounded.

My heart nearly stopping, I turned around slowly and cautiously and felt my jaw basically unhinge at the sight before me.

Niall Horan. Niall James Horan is standing right in front of me, with the large crystal eyes and perfectly messed up blonde hair. Sweet jesus.

I must've been frozen, because Niall tried to get my attention again after taking a sip of his soda.

"...Hellooo? Anybody home?" he drawled in his Irish accent. 

My vision was blurry and it took a few seconds to realize that if i didn't blink soon my contacts would fall right out of my eyes. I snapped back into reality and blinked rapidly while taking a deep breath.

"Oh my god." I managed to stutter out. "You're Niall Horan." No shit sherlock, way to make a good first impression. Of course it's Niall Horan. Who else with an Irish accent, blond hair, and blue eyes would be in a room backstage at a One Direction concert?

He chuckled at me. "That is correct."

I smiled weakly at him. Should I ask for his autograph? Or would that be weird? Is he going to call security on me? Oh right, I'm here for Zayn!

"So, are you hair and makeup or something? Wardrobe?" he questioned me, glancing at his watch.

"Um," was my totally intelligent response. What am I supposed to say to this? "Sure. I mean yes. Stage crew, actually. The show starts in a few minutes." I said.

He nodded slowly, eyes flickering to my outfit. Does stage crew have to wear special uniforms or something? If they do, I'm totally screwed. "Thanks. Need anything else?"

I got lost in his blue orbs when I realized again he was waiting for an answer. "Oh, right. No, sorry, Mr. Horan. I mean Niall. Can I call you Niall?"

He looked confused. Damn it, Emma. "Of course, call me Niall." He stuck out his hand for me to shake. I hesitated, then grabbed it, mentally fangirling to myself. I'm touching Niall Horan's hand!

"My name's Emma." I turned around to go, then stopped and turned back around. "By the way, have you seen Zayn Malik anywhere?" I asked.

He thought for a second. "He should be either in the main lounge or at the stage by now."

"Okay, thanks." I replied, glancing at the one and only Niall again before spinning on my heels and exiting the small room with a fridge and TV.

I looked both ways again, just to make sure, and aimlessly wandered the hallways once again. How am I supposed to know where the 'main lounge' is?

As I made a sharp left around a corner, I slammed into something hard. "OW -" I cut myself off before I attracted unwanted attention. Rubbing my nose while I muttered some curse words under my breath, I looked up and lock eyes with beautiful green-blue orbs and almost fainted. 

"I'm so sorry!" he apologised in his rough voice, reaching out to steady my shoulders.

All I could do was stare at him with my mouth opening and closing like a fish. Harry Styles.

"Hello?" He said, waving his hand infront of my face. "What's your name, love?"

"Oh my god." I said, on the verge of hyperventilating. 

He cracked a smile at me. "Well, nice to meet you, Oh my god." Harry said, laughing slightly at his own joke.

I rolled my eyes, finally regaining my composure. "Hello Harry Styles. I'm Emma. Sorry for the dumb moment."

He flashed me another knee-buckling smile. "Well, don't you have a lovely accent."

"I used to live in Britain, I guess it's a mix between English and American now." I shrugged.

"ONE DIRECTION TO THE STAGE!"  a random voice shouted, echoing through the long hallways.

Harry sighed. "That's my cue, see you later, Emma." He winked at me.

I almost stopped breathing and turned slowly, watching his back go farther and farther away from me.

I snapped back into reality once again when I heard a gruff voice call, "Hey! You there,"

I turned around and spotted the bearer of the voice: a tall and muscular man in uniform stomping towards me.

"Who are you? VIP meet and greets don't start until after the show. I'm going to have to ask you for your ID and then escort you out." He said, getting nearer to me.

My breathing quickened, adrenaline rushing in. I'm screwed. I thought. I'm here for Zayn and I managed to meet 2/5 of One Direction before getting caught. But the wrong 2/5, I might add.

I looked around wildly, searching for an escape route. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw a flash of blue and turned my head quickly, and there he was. 

He was putting in his ear plugs while holding a microphone and he was heading towards the general direction of the stage.

"ZAYN!" I shouted, but he couldn't hear me.

I started running towards him, the uniformed man running close behind me.

"ZAYN!" I shouted again. This caught his attention, and he paused and swiveled around, eyes searching for whoever was calling him. His chocolate brown eyes held mine for a second, before they clouded with confusion. I was panting and out of breath and really needed a water. I was nearing Zayn, which was a few feet away from the main stage doors.

"Zayn Malik, report to the stage immediately please." A voice boomed from the speakers overhead. Zayn looked up at the speaker then back at me.

"Zayn Malik, now." The speaker sounded again. Zayn shot me a sympathetic look, and resumed towards the stage.

Defeated, I stopped running, basically panting like a dog.

"Excuse me miss, I need your ID. Now." The man said forcefully behind me.

Sigh.