Chapter Eight - Emma's and Zayn's POV

happy december everyone!

so, this girl i know just totally won free front row seats AND backstage passes to a one direction concert in NYC next week  ;w; i actually just died of jealousy /cries to self/

but on the bright side, im going to one of their concerts next year in Toronto with my bestfriend (yes, her name is jocelyn). The seats aren't too good and they cost $200 each, but oh well ;)

stay amazayn - xxrachel

~ALSO, IF YOU HAVENT DONE THIS ALREADY: I RECENTLY WENT THROUGH AND EDITED ALL OF THE EXISTING CHAPTERS, SO PLEASE DELETE THIS STORY FROM YOUR READING LIBRARY AND RE-ADD IT IN ORDER TO GET THE NEW VERSION!~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Emma's POV

Damn. I thought to myself. So he really doesn't remember me, does he?

It didn't seem like it, the way he looked at me with confusion clouding his eyes.

I tried not to let this get to me as we continued our totally badass plan. I had to admit, being forgotten was definitely a stab in the heart, and it hurt.

But can you really blame him? A small voice in my head reminded me. We haven't spoken a word to each other in over ten years, ten years which, for him, was filled with stress, screaming girls, sweat, fame, fortune, and many other things found in a normal popstar's life. I would've forgotten me, too maybe - just maybe though.

I really needed to see him still. There's no way in hell he wouldn't remember after a few simple reminders, which is exactly what we were about to do.

As the clock neared seven, girls were still piling into the building. Jocelyn and I walked casually up to the door. There was one burly security guard standing next to the ticket handler, but other than that it was all clear. Pfffft, easy. Sucks for them.

There was a big group of ten or so girls infront of us that came together, which was very lucky. Jocelyn and I had to blend in and creep in with them. I looked at Jocelyn and we had a silent conversation, and she nodded at me. We proceeded walking and merged into their group, ducking down a little. I slipped my sunglasses down from the top of my head.

We were nearing the security guard and adrenaline was kicking in. My palms were sweaty and I could hear my heart practically jumping out of my chest. Jocelyn sent me a look that said I was alright and to be calm and act natural. I took a deep breath and exhaled as we walked past him.

Following Jocelyn's example, I hunched my back a little bit to blend in with the younger girls. It seemed to work because the guard only glanced at us but didn't give it a second thought. We neared doors of the building where the tickets will be taken.

The ticket lady looked at us with a bored expression. She looked like she was in her late 20's or early 30s, but she was really short. She had a burly build though, so I mentally thought of my chances if I could take her or not. No, probably.

"Tickets please." she said in a monotone voice. The girls all rummaged through their purses which took a few seconds, and the lady rolled her eyes. I pretended to look for my ticket in my bag and so did Jocelyn. The girls formed a line and Jocelyn and I slowly inched out of the group and past the lady. I knew that there were going to be cameras, but honestly I didn't care. 

I pretended to yawn and not be suspicious and we shuffled past the girls. The lady glanced up at us and narrowed her eyes at us. Damn it.

I looked at Jocelyn worriedly and she nodded calmly as if she already had a plan. She nodded at me in a "follow my lead way."

Jocelyn positioned herself to the side of the growing line, and faced the entrance to the wide hallway that would lead to the arena herself. I watched as her eyes bulged and her mouth fell to the ground. She let out a huge gasp, catching some girls' attentions. "OH MY GAWD. IT'S ONE DIRECTION!! I SEE THEM!" she screamed, pointing to the doors.

Immediately, all of the girls let out ear-piercing shrieks and basically launched themselves past the ticket lady. The ticket lady was in shock, but immediately snatched a walkie-talkie out of her pocket and called security. They weren't quick enough, however, as Jocelyn and I managed to stealthily run out of the doors and out of sight.

We rushed past a corner and caught out breaths for a second. I turned to Jocelyn who was grinning widely, her hair a little messed up. We highfived in victory and then looked around. There were tons of people, girls mostly, bustling around and buying food and merchandise. We headed towards the arena and I checked my watch; the concert was starting in 20 minutes.

"So, what do we do now?" I whispered to Jocelyn. She shrugged.

"I think it'll be more risky if we wait any longer. We should go now.." she suggested.

I guess someone would eventually catch us, "Alright," I agreed.

We walked through the hallway while girls kept on piling into the arena. We finally found a black door that said 'STAFF ONLY' in big white letters. I looked both ways to check if anyone was watching us, and silently creaked the door open a crack. I peered through and when I knew the coast was clear, I inched the door open more and stepped instead, Jocelyn right on my heels.

Behind me,  a really loud whistle blew. "HEY" a deep manly voice yelled. My first instict was to run, but I froze because I knew what was going to happen. I knew right then and there that we'd be arrested and then grounded for life or something like that. But Jocelyn's mind was quicker than mine.

She nudged me in the shoulder, urging me forward.

"Go," she said. "I'll text you later. By the way, you owe me." she said the last part teasingly, but her voice was strained. 

I looked at her for a second and searched her eyes. She knew how much this meant to me and she was more determined than me to make this plan work. I mouthed a grateful 'thank you' and bolted behind a door right before the guard caught Jocelyn and proceeded to yell at her.

I stayed huddled inside the random room for a minute catching my breath. I checked the time, I had a little over 10 minutes left to find him. They'd probably go onto the stage in 15 minutes, after whoever was opening for them performed. I turned around and scanned the room. It was pretty small, and it had two small leather couches, a TV, some food, and that's about it. Shrugging, I put my ear up to the door to check if anyone was outside. After hearing nothing, I peeped the door open a little bit again. Breathing a sigh of relief, I padded into the small hallway. There were rooms from left to right, and farther ahead of me I could faintly hear the screams and chants coming from where I assumed was the arena.

 I could hear some stage crew yelling out orders at eachother so I made sure I was alert at all times. I spent the next few minutes weaving in and out and looking in rooms hoping to find him.

Suddenly, I heard voices up ahead, and in a state of panick I rushed in the closest room without thinking.

"Um, hello love." a familiar voice behind me sounded.

~*~*~*~*~*~

cliffhanger ;) love you loads

if anyone finds any errors so far, please feel free to let me know! sometimes i write something and in a later chapter i forget about it so i write something else that completely cancels it out lol fail.