Chapter Eighteen - Emma's POV

Emma's POV

About half an hour later, I found myself walking into a loud and obnoxious club with the five boys following closely behind me. I could feel and hear the deep bass coming from the building even when we were a block away. The club was playing upbeat music and was crowded with sweaty bodies. We all had our not-so-suspicious fake I.Ds (except for Louis) that we handed to one of the guards. He quickly scanned them over and narrowed his eyes a bit at us, but eventually grunted and let us through.

I wobbled in with my heels and headed straight for the drinks. "One beer please" I said, holding up my pointer finger to gesture towards the bartender over the loudness of the club.

"Me too." Zayn's voice sounded behind me. I quickly pulled money out of my wallet and paid for Zayn and mine's drinks, before he could even open his mouth to protest.

The other boys got in line and ordered drinks too - Louis and Harry got a few shots, Niall got a small glass of flavored vodka, and Liam a small beer that he was probably going to give the rest to Zayn later after finishing half.

I chugged some of my beer before taking it with me to the dance floor. I hadn't wanted to risk going back home to change, so I was still in my fancy lace dress from the dinner, but I didn't care. Tonight was about having the time of my life with the boys.

Zayn followed shortly after, ducking his head. I was scared that the boys were going to be recognized and get in trouble because they were underage and basically every female knew when their birthdays were. But like I said, nobody really thought twice about it at the moment.

I glanced back at the bar. Louis and Harry were already getting drunk, Niall was chatting with a pretty blonde girl, and Liam was drinking his beer and observing the club.

I let the blasting music take control of my body. High on alcohol, i bobbed my head and swayed my hips to the beat of the music. Zayn was dancing next to me, and I smirked at him. He was awkwardly trying to mimic my actions, but it wasn't working to well.

"Come on Zayn," I challenged with raised eyebrows. "It's easy, just dance. I thought you were good at music, since you're a singer you know." I said, starting to really get into it and raised both of my arms in the air, linking them together over my head.

He didn't respond, merely glancing at my face and looking back at the ground. He finally started to let the music take control too, and it was sexy.

Across the club, Niall was talking animatedly to three girls while Liam was talking to the DJ. Louis was talking really loudly to Harry while thrusting in big motions. Harry's eyes were darting between Louis and this really pretty and tall girl who kept on throwing him suggestive glances. Harry was holding a bottle of beer in one hand and I watched as he motioned to Lou and mouthed 'be right back' apologetically. Louis winked at Harry subtly before turning around and catching my eye. He looked at Zayn, then back at me, and smirked. 

Louis was quick to bound over to me and Zayn and start dancing. Us three danced together for a bit, before Louis started walking towards the bar and wiping some sweat off his forehead.

As soon as he left, Zayn and I moved closer together. He smiled at me and I smiled back.

My head whipped around when the music changed, into a more inappropriate song, "Give Me Everything" by  Ne-Yo. I looked around the dance floor, seeing that most everyone had a partner and started to dirty dance. I looked to my right at Harry who was already grinding with a different girl and my confidence wavered. I could literally feel the awkwardness in the air as I looked back at Zayn. I then shrugged. Who honestly gave a single fuck anymore? I didn't need to be afraid or embarrassed about anything, unless Zayn rejected me of course.