Chapter Fourteen - Emma's POV

Emma's POV

I winced again as the high-pitched squealing filled my eyes.

"Oh my god," I groaned. "Shut up."

I closed my eyes as my head continued to throb painfully.

"Sorry," Jocelyn lowered her voice for my sake. "It's just so exciting. I mean you just met like all of One Direction!"

I huffed and rolled my eyes even though she couldn't see me. "Well technically, only Zayn, Niall, and Harry."

"Well I sure wasn't the one who saw Liam and Niall's abs!" She retorted.

I smiled a little. "True, true." I agreed.

"Look, I gotta go. My head is literally killing me. Text me kay?" I told her.

"Okay, bye Em. Feel better."

"Thanks. Bye, Jocelyn."

I hung up and threw my phone onto my bed. I laid my head back and let it loll around effortlessly as I spun around on my swivel chair. I have definitely been coming down with a cold because my nose was currently plugged, I kept sneezing, and my head hurt like hell.

I grumbled to myself as I crept downstairs to grab some medicine. It was nearing 5 PM the day after the whole hotel episode, and though I've been constantly texting Zayn, he still hasn't made plans for us yet. I still had yet to figure out how I was going to convince my mom to let me go somewhere with him, though. She was still mad at me and I decided not to tell her about me climbing the hotel because that wouldn't have ended well.

My mom was at work and my brother was at a friends house, which meant that I was home alone. My brother would be out partying late - it was his friends birthday, and my mom usually didn't come home in time for dinner.

My school hadn't started yet. This was my senior year which meant I could basically do whatever I wanted, and my school didn't start until November 1st, the day after Halloween.

I gulped the advil and washed it down with some water. About fifteen minutes later, it was already in effect and my head felt so much better.

I went back upstairs and saw my phone's screen light up. The first two texts were from Jocelyn which I responded to quickly. Another one was from my mom which informed me that she wouldn't be home in time for dinner. The fourth text was from Zayn, and I felt my heartbeat quicken from his name.

I excitedly swiped the screen and opened his text.

Dinner tonight, just me and you?

I bit my lip at the excited tingles running through my spine.

Sure, but I'm not allowed to leave the house.. want to come over? I make tasty pizza x

I typed and set the phone down. All I could think about at this point was Zayn. It was like he was consuming my body; a new obsession.

Make? Right. I'm coming over anyways ;) What's your address?

Psh. He doubts my cooking skills. But he was so right. I was planning on ordering from Domino's.

I sent him my address and he told me he was on his way. Just like old times, I requested a large pizza with cheese and tons of pepperoni - we never got anything else on our pizzas.

I paced the downstairs hallway as I anxiously waited for Zayn to arrive. I double checked my clothing, hair, and makeup, before deeming myself impossible. I was exasperated; I've never been this self conscious in front of a boy before.