Chapter Thirteen - Emma's POV

Emma's POV

When Zayn remembered me, I felt like I just won the lottery. I was so happy, I couldn't stop the wide grin that etched itself on my face. 

Just looking at him made butterflies erupt in my stomach, the tingly sensation that also mixed into my happiness.

I didn't know what to do, but it seemed that he made that decision for me, and I was back in his warm and strong embrace. He spun me around cutely and I squealed and giggled.

I pulled away and really looked at him for a second. He was about a head taller than me, not counting his hair. He had a faint stubble on his face and his eyelashes framed his light brown eyes. It took my breath away. I realized that I was finally with him again. I have been waiting for this moment for eternity and my wish was granted.

I pulled him in for another hug, and the next thing I knew, warm tears trailed down my cheeks and landed on his shoulder.

"Emma, are you crying?" he said in his distinct accent, dislodging himself from my arms.

"I'm sorry," I said. They were happy tears, and it was odd because I rarely cried happy tears. "Zayn, it's cause it's just so happy I am here with you again." I tried to explain.

He smiled widely. "Emma, I'm happy too. Really."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

"Oh, and remember that one time when we went to the zoo that whale scared you so much you peed your pants!" I managed to splutter out, my choked laughs shaking my whole body.

Zayn's eyes widened and his mouth fell open, horrified. His cheeks tinged with a rosy color. "I thought I told you to never speak of that again!" 

"Oops," I winked.

Zayn pouted at me playfully.

"You know Em, your accent is so weird." He told me with a scrunched nose.

I narrowed my eyes. "So now you have something against American accents?" I challenged.

He held his hands up in surrender. "I never said that. In fact, I think American accents are hot." he stated while grinning at me.

I felt my face throbbing with the blood rushing up to my cheeks and tried to hide it by turning my head to the side. This was weird, I used to never blush in front of Zayn. Of course, that was before he turned 100x hotter and started becoming muscular.

"Shut up!" I scolded him and slapped his arm when I was sure my cheeks returned to their normal color.

"It's just that I miss your accent Emma. And I miss when we were kids in Bradford." He said to me. I detected a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I miss it too," I smiled up at him.

I fell back onto the bed and Zayn untangled himself from sitting pretzel-style and followed my lead. I stared at the ceiling when I could feel his watchful eyes gazing at my face. 

"But it's okay because we're here now. And you're living your dreams." I said quietly, then rolled my head to the side to meet his orbs.

"Yeah, and it's great. It's so fast paced though, I never thought I would see you again." He frowned at me. "And I'm sorry I haven't kept in contact with you. When I moved we didn't have phones and when you moved I never got your number or anything. We were on our tour and management didn't want me distracted. After that, I guess I was too caught up in being a famous singer to realize what and who was really important to me and I'm so sorry." He rushed, the words coming out of his mouth so fast I had to think for a moment to process everything he said.