Chapter - 6

Xavier's POV

"We can't find her Xavier." Aiden says in a broken voice.

"Where could that dummy go?" Jake said in a low voice.

It has been 3 weeks since Crystal left and nothing has been the same. Everyone was worried about her. Her family and friends were worried about her safety as she has no one except them, in this world.

She left without a word only leaving a letter behind stating she is leaving the pack for good. Everyone thought she got fed up with being the only human in the pack, but I knew the real reason. She left because of me. I was the reason she left, if only I had rejected her when she asked. She wouldn't have felt the need to leave.

But how could I just reject her like that, I loved her. I have loved her for the longest time I could remember. I was so delighted to find out that she was my mate, that it can't be explained. The only reason I pushed her away and ignored her was her own safety. When at the age of 12 I finally realized what danger would come upon her from being close to me, I started pushing her away. I never imagined she would take a step like this, we could have talked about this and come to a solution.

I even asked Melanie if she knew something but she denied. Though I have an inner feeling that she knows where Crystal went. It's a wonder how a single girl could break me down even without lifting a finger, or rather just vanishing into thin air.

"What should we do now?" Cameron asked. We were currently all huddled around my desk thinking of every possible way to track down my mate and bring her back, though no one yet knew Crystal is my mate.

"We should keep on looking, maybe contact other packs and ask them to help us out." Jake suggested.

"If you haven't forgotten we are the only pack in this area. The other one is on the other side of the city." Aiden stated.

"Is Crystal living in the city then?" Cameron pipped in.

"Xavier, we have to look in the city. I don't want my sister to die in the hands of some goons. She doesn't even know how to fight." Gemma demanded.

My wolf growled in my head at the idea of our mate getting hurt. There was a light knock on the door, Jake got up to open it revealing a sad looking Minerva.

"Mom..what are you doing here?" Gemma asked, getting up and moving towards her mother. She guided her mother into the room and took a seat on the couch.

"I want to talk to Xavier." Minerva said looking me straight in the eye. I nodded and signaled the others to leave.

"No. Let everyone stay, they should listen too." Minerva said, stopping everyone from leaving the room. Everyone took their seats again.

She took a deep breath and said " I want you all to stop looking for Crystal." Shocking everyone in the room.

"WHAT? How could you say this?" Gemma shouted.

"She could be in danger." Jake added.

"I know, you all are worried about her, but she asked herself to be left alone." Minerva reasoned.

"How can you just accept that?" Gemma scoffed.

"Because I know my daughter Gemma. I raised her. I know how strong she is, she knows how to fight if not physically." Her eyes welled up as she said those words.

"And she clearly requested to not look for her. I want to respect her only wish. Please." She requested.

"But what if.." Jake started