Chapter - 38

P.S. Read the A/N at the end.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following days saw Crystal and Bennett going over the records and dealings of the Lunar Eclipse Pack and grilling Xavier over the loopholes they found- credit to Alpha Xander.

Though the initial agenda of Crystal’s visit was to meet her family and spend some time with them, Bennett thought it would be wise to use the time and complete the scrutinizing process and also select the new council representatives for when the ‘Treaty of Alliance’ is signed. So that brings Crystal to the pack office where she was completing the last of the paperwork before granting the Lunar Eclipse Pack a renewal of the sovereign treaty.

“And Done,” said Crystal, closing the last file.

“Good job,” replied Bennett absentmindedly as he continued to shoot people in the game.

“Wait, why is your desk empty?” Crystal asked, eyeing the empty desk before Bennett. 

“Oh, that. Well, I thought it would be better if you proofread everything yourself,” Bennett said, looking over at his sister with a smirk. 

“You, you bilker!” exclaimed Crystal. She was about to throw a file at the young prince when the door to the office opened. 

Crystal abruptly flipped the file open, whilst Bennett scrolled through his phone with a serious look. The royal siblings tried to act poised and serious in front of the intruder. 

The intruder smiled and shook his head humorously before taking long strides towards the young Queen.

“You’re reading it the wrong way, honey.” The intruder spoke, turning around the file in Crystal’s hand.

Flustered, Crystal looked up at the person to find black orbs staring at her. A smile broke onto her face as she discarded the file with a thump and hugged Antonio. The hug was awkward as both stood at opposite ends of the table, but the couple continued to hug.

A loud cough startled them, forcing them to break the hug. Crystal looked at Bennett with squinted eyes, to which the latter shrugged and replied, 

“It was making me feel like a third wheel,”

“You’re just peachy that I have a mate and you don’t.” retorted Crystal. 

“Sista, I don’t even need a mate to practice PDA,” Bennett replied sarcastically. 

Crystal scowled at her brother before turning towards her mate, who was enjoying the siblings bickering a bit too much.

“Now, why are you here?” Crystal asked, cocking her eyebrow. 

“You sound as if you’re not happy to see me,” said Antonio, trying hard to maintain a stoic face. He could hear Crystal’s every thought, and it was funny how her brain went into overdrive.

“I am not,” replied Crystal, making a serious face, while her wolf snickered in her head. She tried to tap into Antonio’s thoughts, but the latter had built a solid wall around them.

“Stop bluffing. If I wasn’t counting, I would say you had sighed a thousand times after he left,” Bennett said,

“You were counting?” Crystal asked, baffled. 

“Yeah, I had nothing else to do,” replied Bennett matter-of-factly. 

“You could have just helped me with the files!” exclaimed Crystal, raising her hands in the air.