Demon, Cult and Deaths

7.00 am

Lauren's alarm went off.

She groggily sat up and turned her alarm off. She took her time to let her body wakes up before she rubbed her eyes and noticed her dried tears.

Then she remembered last night.

She quickly shook her head before she started crying again and recalling the event from last night.

Lauren got up from her bed and went to do her daily morning routine before she went downstairs for breakfast.

"Hey Laur," Chris greets her while he eats his food.

"Hey, what are you having? and where's mom?" Lauren asked as she look around.

"She's still sleeping on the couch, didn't want to wake her."

Lauren rolled her eyes.

She took a closer look to Chris' breakfast and found out that he's eating chips with scrambled eggs.

"Why are you eating that for breakfast?" Lauren crunched her nose in disgust. Chris just shrugged and says "It's the only thing that is available here."

Lauren called up their mother. But no respond.

So she went to their house's living room to find their mother sleeping on her couch with a bottle of vodka and a thick black book on her chest.

She's done it again Lauren thought. 

Lauren kneeled next to her mother and gently lift the bottle and the book off her clutch. Her mother groaned in respond, but lets it go and fall back to sleep facing away from Lauren.

Lauren put blanket around her mother, silently wish her mother would stop her destructive habit and be a mother for Chris and her. But that's just Lauren's wishful thinking. She knows there's nothing that she could do about it. Her father had tried and failed. If the longest person that had known her mother couldn't do anything about it, then what are her chances?

Lauren set the bottle down on the table and studied the book.

The book was somewhat familiar. Then Lauren remembered it's the same book that Camila has.

"Demonology," Lauren read as she traced the title of the book remembering that Camila read the same exact book. Curiosity filled her as she opened the book and scrutinize each written pages.

The book deliberatively explained everything there is about demon. From it kinds, their time and place of appearance, their nature, their ways of kill, their abilities, their history, complete with their picture or drawing, which Lauren found appealing and otherworldly. She also noticed her mother's highlighted section of the book in yellow highlighter. It's like she's been studying this book quite a while. 

Then it horrified her. She noticed her mother's most highlighted section of the book was of how to summon a demon.

When Chris called her name, Lauren broke her attention off the book.

"Lauren, I'm going to school now- hey, what's that?" Chris perked up looking at the book she's holding.

She quickly closed it up and hid it behind her. "Nothing, just a silly book."

Chris scrunched his eyebrow together, disbelieving her sister.

"You okay sis? You look like you've seen a ghost."

"Nothing, Chris! Come on, let's get you to school." Lauren rush her brother to the front door.

"You know Lauren, I'm not dumb. I know what has been going on in our family. I'm almost 15, I'm mature enough to get involved in our family's problem. And I'm worried about mom, so you better at least tell me what's going on."