Sick

Third-person POV

There was something wrong with Camila.

Lauren can sense and see it. It was afternoon lunch break, Lauren, Camila, Dinah and Normani were sitting on the same table. Dinah was immersed in conversation with Normani.  While Camila had her head down and keep playing with her lunch. Lauren just stared at the brunette wondering why has she been quiet.

And it's not just the quietness that Lauren noticed. She noticed Camila's hair was tousled, it wasn't shiny as it used to, her complexion was pale, and there are dark circles under her eyes. It made her look like she was sick. Terribly sick.

"Camz.." Lauren called softly. But Camila didn't budge.

"Camila" She tried again. And this time Camila looked up to her. Her movement was slow as if it would break her neck if she moves too fast.

"Are you okay?" Lauren asked worriedly. Camila shook her head.

"Do you want me to get you something?" Once again Camila shook her head.

"I think I'm going to go first guys" Camila announced as she stands up and getting her things. Dinah and Normani nod their head and wave goodbye to Camila.

"Do you need company? I can help you." Lauren abruptly offer.

"No, thanks Lauren." Camila said weakly as she leave the table with no more words. Lauren kept her eyes glued Camila until she exit the cafeteria.

"She probably on her period Lauren" Normani said although Lauren doubted it.

"Anyway, Lorenzo, I gotta tell you, I got an A in English" Dinah said excitingly.

"Really?! Dinah that's wonderful!" Normani gave Dinah a side hug, and Dinah face says 'girl, I know right'.

Lauren smiled in relieved, genuinely happy that she was able to help Dinah's grade that are falling. The group study and tutor weren't such a waste of time after all she thought. She and Dinah finally did get the closure they need, all thanks to the beautiful brunette.

"I'm proud of you DJ." Lauren congratulate. And Dinah smiled at her. "You know what Lorenzo, I was wrong about you. I guess being a judgemental prick is my inner demon. So I'm just gonna said it to you, I hope this doesn't get to your big as head." Dinah said narrowing her eyes at Lauren. "I'm sorry and thank you, for being an amazing tutor." Dinah said offering her peace hand shake.

"Well, same goes from me, you're cool DJ, I had fun sharing things I know with you." Lauren said accepting the hand shake.

"Oh my God, my prayer has been answered! You guys are friends now!" Normani said excitedly, and we all laughed.

---------------------

Normani, Dinah and Lauren soon become close friend. And Lauren had never  been grateful to have friends at school for the first time, she has always been a loner, a lone wolf, but now, she has pretty cool friends, she thanks herself for listening to Camila in the first place.

Camila...

Lauren still got ignored by Camila and it annoyed her so much. She tried to offer so many help to Camila, but Camila keep refusing and ignoring Lauren again.

Camila doesn't look like she get any better. She's still beautiful in Lauren's eyes, but she looked like a cancer patient Lauren admit.

It was time to go home, Lauren was sorting her books in her locker, but her eyes keep glancing towards the beautiful brunette who were standing just a few lockers away from her.