Kindness

Writer's POV 

The sun was half way of showing, the cold chilly twilight had been replace to warm enticing morning in the small town. Faintly birds chirping, lapse after lapse of dark blue turns to bright blue ocean sky. The pavement they walked was surrounded by green grass covered in dew. Lauren's face was cramping because of the nonstop smiling.

"Do you know why I rather walk?" Camila break the silence. 

"Because you're tired of sitting?" Camila rolled her eyes at sarcastic statement.

"Yes, I've told you that. But I mean, there are other reasons."

"What is it then?" Lauren asked not taking her eyes off the fresh morning sight surround them.

"It's unrefined. Like all the things around us, morning dew on leaves, cold fresh breeze, warm sunrise, quite, tranquil atmosphere.." Camila stop herself to inhale and exhale the fresh air, and continue to speak. "The smell of new day. It's just seems lovely and sad." 

"Why sad?"

"It's getting under appreciate. Like tuna sandwich." 

Lauren giggle when she use the reference of her favorite food. 

"What? It's true." she defend. "Morning walk is so under appreciate, people tend to just skip their mornings, lazy around in bed like a potato." Lauren laugh at the last part. 

 "And it's a nice feeling to know someone who doesn't follow the big crowd, yet choose their own inclination, even when no one wants it. It really show that this person knows what they want. It's a nice feeling to know you." she explain.

Lauren cheeks were red at the indirect compliment. "Yeah, it's nice to have known you." Lauren compliment back. And this time Camila smiled back with the same colored cheeks. Lauren looked down to their feet, afraid she'll more tomatoes with these stupid assumptions in her head. But then she realize how muddy Camila's sneakers is.

"Why are your shoes so muddy?" Lauren asked.

Camila looked down, and her face turned shocked, like she's been caught doing something. 

"I -  um - It's - I don't know honestly, I must've forgotten to wash it." she said with a nervous grin. Lauren sure, she was hiding something. But before she can muster more, Camila change the subject as swiftly as my mom's mood swings. 

Lauren's POV  

"Lo, I'm sorry once again about Dinah. She won't do anything again like what she did on the cafeteria." 

I was confused of why Camila would always apologize on her best friend behalf, it's not her fault. It should be Dinah who apologize. 

But instead pointing that out, I denounce Dinah to her.

"Cafeteria huh? what about the one in school hallway?" I pointed out. She stopped walking and turned to me, gaping and gazing me with that mesmerizing brown eyes. 

"She did something to you again did she?" Camila frown as she squeeze my hand in hers.   

"Yes, but it's alright, I got something in my mind for a bully like her." I smirk devilishly. Camila frowned in worry.

"You know, revenge or payback won't get you anywhere." She advice.

"It'll give me satisfactory." 

Camila looked ahead seem in deep thought.

"Can I help you then?" I bug my eyes out.

"What?! You're going to team up with me rather than being with your own best friend?"