Competition

I quickly running downstairs as I looked at my watch. 2 minutes before I meet Camila at the school gate.

Finally, I've reached the school gate within just a minute, (thanks to the years of softball running exercise) but Camila wasn't there yet. I take a look on my watch again, it was 2 pm already.

I stood there, waiting, as I watch some of the students walking in and out of the gate.

A few feet away then, I saw Camila. I was smiling all giddy until I saw a guy was walking beside her, and looks like holding her bag. Now my lips form a straight line.

"Hey Lauren." She said after she reached me.

"Hi Camz." I smiled at her but glaring at the guy.

"Oh this is Austin. Austin, this is Lauren." She introduced. He smiled charmingly as he offered his hand for me to shake. But I ignored it and quickly change the subject.

"Lets go home Camz, I'm hungry." I said plainly. Austin looks uncomfortable, as he puts his hand back to his pocket.

Good, keep that hand there.

"Okay, let me get my bag back first." She said. I'm glad she was oblivious with my gesture. I don't want her to think I'm rude or something. 

"Thanks for bringing my bag Austin. I appreciate it." She said grinning.

"Sure Mila, anytime. I'll call you." He said grinning as he hands Camila's bag back.

"Okay! see you later Austin!" She said hugging him with one arm as the other holds her bag.

"Yeah! Bye Mila and Lauren..." he said smiling to me. Ugh, ass kisser.

They waved at each other as I rolled my eyes a couple of hundred times; figuratively of course. Their little interaction just made me sick.

-

We walked down the path to our houses. I tried to listens to her talking and nods at her, but my mind went to back to Austin.

I mean does Camila likes him? Romantically? Or friendly? From the looks, Austin is kind of like the high school sweetheart. He's really easy on the eye. And a guy you could definitely introduce to your parents. That kind of thought made me sick.

But how long do they know each other? I mean Camila have been 3 weeks in here, I'm sure she made friends by the help of Dinah and her cheerleader reputation. Great, another competition is the last thing I need. Wow I'm being a little possessive now. I don't even know Camila yet.

"So that's why I like him...." she said after I started to focus on her again.

Him? Him who? I didn't hear her before, wait, was she talking about Austin?

"You like Austin?!" And it wasn't my intention to thinking out loud. Face palm internally.

"Uh what?" She said a little dumbfounded.

"Uhh, I mean.... shit, no, I mean...damn it! You weren't talking about him, were you?" I said rubbing my neck, getting caught zoned out the entire time really isn't my cup a tea. And the to make things worst, I bring up Austin... Stupid, stupid, stupid...

She shook her head, laughing at me. Shit, real genius Lauren... real genius..

"So... you like him, hmm?" She said after her laugh died down. "There's a reason why you zoned out after you met him." She said wiggling her eyebrows and smirking, then she nudged me.

That ridiculous question flip me out "No! Of course not!" I immediately said. As I scrunched my nose in disgust.

"Then why were the first thing that come out after you zoned out was Austin? Hm?" She said still holding on that teasing face.