Chapter 16 His Friends

Start from the beginning

"Where are we going?!?" I asked as I was broken from the blank daze.

"They're over here Luna come on!"

I proceeded to continue being dragged but this time I was walking as well.

"Hey, Thomas!" The person said waving their hand to him.

"Joan! Tayln! How have you been?"

"Pretty good so far actually. Who's this?" The other person said gesturing to me.

"Oh yeah! Tayln, Joan this is Luna, my new daughter. Luna, these are my friends Tayln and Joan."

They both said their greeting's and I said mine back to them both. All of us started talking about random things. Until my creativity came around.

'This mall is becoming boring I'm thinking of painting the place!'

My eyes widened when I saw Lexi.

'Don't tell me they can see you, Lexi.'

"Oh no, they can't really only you can! Now let's get to work!"

"Luna? Are you alright? You've been staring off over there." Tayln said snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Oh yeah sorry Tayln I thought I saw something over there. That's all."

"Oh ok."

"Hey umm wanna go look around Tayln?" I asked them.

"Yeah, sure!"

"Don't go too far!" Dad chimed in.

"We won't," I said back to him.

~time skip by Remus playing with mice.~

After we had dinner it was time to leave so we bid our goodbye's and exited the mall. I brought money with me so I bought a journal and multi-colored pens along with a ring to go with it. We got into the car and he started it. As he did he smiled as he took a glance at me.

"So how was it, Luna?"

"It was actually quite fun hanging out with them. How was it with Joan."

"Well, it was fine for the most part they really liked having you around."

"They did?"

"You betcha."

The drive was short since there was less traffic than before. Once we arrived home we exited the car and went inside.

"CREEPY CRAWLY DEATH DEALER!!!" I heard Patton shriek.

"Come on Patton it's the best thing in this place! Besides their bites are extremely painful! Doesn't that sound fun!" Remus said as he heled a plastic spider in front of Patton.

"I don't really get why teasing Patton is necessary Remus." Logan retorted.

"Yeah, Remus! Get it away!!!"

"Why? It's just one measly-"

"I. DON'T. CARE. Get it away from me!"

Dad had enough of seeing Patton suffer so he spoke up about it.

"Remus stops taunting Patton you know he doesn't like spiders." He said.

"Aw, you're no fun. It was plastic anyway."

"REMUS! WHERE DID MY SPIDER GO TO!" Virgil yelled from wherever he was.

"Whoops. Gotta go!" He said waving before sinking down.

I couldn't help but laugh at how fast he left. Once I calmed down I saw Patton back to his old self. Dad and Logan went to the kitchen to talk about something. Before Patton tried to leave I went up to him to ask him a question.

"Hey, Patton?"

"Hey, kiddo! What's up?" He said with a smile.

"I know it's none of my business but are you scared of spiders?"

"Now that I think about it...yeah I kinda do. I don't know why but they just look-"

"Scary?"

"Yeah exactly. Heh, I'm sorry I shouldn't be talking about things like these-"

He tried to walk away before I grabbed his arm gently trying to stop him.

"Hey, wait Patton. It's alright to talk about your fears I'll listen to you."

"I- I know but fears are just...strange to talk about you know."

"Yeah I know...how about this Patton you tell me your fears and I'll tell you mine alright?" I stated calmly.

He nodded before explaining himself to me. Once he was done I hugged him I didn't know why but I could tell he needed it.

"Thank you...for trusting me with that Patton."

"No thank you for letting me talk about it kiddo. Thomas is right you are his perfect kiddo you know that."

"I know Pat," I said letting him go from my grip.

He smiled at me genuinely once more.

"Do you need to talk about your fears kiddo? It's alright if you don't want to."

I wanted to tell him but I wasn't ready yet...they have to know someday. I pushed that thought out of my head before answering.

"Well...fine I'll tell you if you don't tell anyone alright?"

"I won't tell a soul. I promise."

I stood there in silence before answering.

"Well, my fear...I'm scared of losing control of myself again."

"What do you mean by that?" He asked.

"Well, one time in the orphanage there were these kids who would pick on me in all sorts of ways. Some violent and some just blank insults that would always send me to tears. This one day they picked on me and was about to lock me in the laundry room covered in scars and bruises on myself. Something took over me that day that saved me. All of a sudden I saw V punching the person who started it in the face. The rest was all a blur. After that, all I remember was sobbing harshly in my room about what kind of trouble I was facing. I just don't want to lose the only sense of control I have."

"Those kids hurt you? Did you tell anyone?"

I looked at him with a sympathetic look.

"Sadly yes. But that's in the past now. I was too young to defend myself I'm fine now so don't worry!" I said in reassurance.

"Well if you wanna talk about it more just call alright?"

"Don't worry I will," I said waving him goodbye.

After that, he sank out with a pleased and surprised look on his face. At least I can trust him with fears. I walked to my room and saying goodnight to dad. I changed into my pajamas and curled up in my bed and shut my eyes and went to sleep...