𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐅𝐨𝐮𝐫 || 𝐄𝐥𝐞𝐦𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐬

You opened your textbook and looked up at Edward.

"What is this project on, exactly?" Edward asked as he sat down.

"The Periodic Table of Elements?... I don't really understand it. Alice was gonna teach it to me sometime." You replied.

"Well, I could teach it to you. Right now." Edward said, locking eyes with you.

"You would do that?" You asked, lightly biting you lip. Edward smirked, then immediately went straight faced.

"Yeah." He replied.

"Okay then let's-let's do it." You answered, tucking your hair being your ears. Edward stood up and walked over to you.

"Mind if I sit?" Edward asked. You shifted over to make room for him on the beanbag chair.

"Okay, so open up to chapter seven," Edward explained. You turned the pages and saw chapter seven.

"I don't understand where the electrons are supposed to go on the Bohr Diagram, and which number is the atomic weight on the periodic table, and the stupid math you have to do to find the neutrons!" You exclaimed, with a heavy sigh.

"Well, first things first, it doesn't really matter where they go, as long as you have the right amount. And, on the table you have here," Edward pointed to the Periodic Table of Elements on the textbook. "the mass is on the top right corner. You nodded and started to take some notes. "And the math..." You felt Edward looking at you.

"What, is there a knot in my hair or something?" You asked. Your eyes twinkled when you looked at him.

"No, no, not at all. You're just," Edward began, staring into your eyes, the familiar yellow twinkling.

"I'm just what?" You asked smiling. Edward tilted his head ever so slightly and sighed. You bit your lip and inched closer. His eyes were darting around your features and you felt his breath. His lips brushed yours and your heart skipped a beat. He softly smiled, and then firmly pressed his lips on yours. You wrapped your hands around his neck as he pushed your textbook off your lap and lifted you onto his own, placing his hands on your waist.

"Hey guys, I'm back from the-" Alice's jaw dropped. Edward immediately released. You're red, flustered face turned to Alice. Her shock turned into a big grin, then to a frown.

"Oh no, I totally interrupted! No, no, no, no, no. I can't believe I just ruined that!" Alice paced around the doorway of Edward's room.

"Alice, it's alright." You said, standing up.  Edward watched you get up and his shoulders tensed. He stood up beside you and looked at Alice awkwardly.

"I'm just gonna go." Alice said, walking away. You didn't know what to do. Go after Alice? Or continue what you started with Edward? Before you could even begin to think, Edward cleared his throat to get your attention. You turned your head to him and blushed. Edward looked down and bit his lip.

"So, um-" You began to say.

"Y/n, I have to tell you something." Edward said.

"As much as I'd love to hear it, I have to go find Alice." You replied walking out of the room. Edward sighed.

You found Alice sitting on the couch in the living room.

"Hey." You said sitting beside her.

"I feel terrible. I ruined your first kiss with Edward. I'm sorry y/n." Alice pouted.

"It's okay, don't worry about it. And for the record, he's such a good kisser." You sighed. Alice laughed.

"It's really okay? I'll totally make it up to you! I'll tell him we have another study da-" Alice rambled.

"Alice! It's really okay. If it wasn't for you, I wouldn't have kissed him in the first place." You answered.

"Okay, thanks y/n. On another note, tell me EVERYTHING!" Alice exclaimed. You sighed and smiled.

"Alright, well, we were talking about the project and then he kept looking at me. So then I got really nervous and then he just kissed me. And we were like, kind of making out... and I think he liked it?" You replied.

"Oh my God! I knew he liked you. Speaking of, you need to go talk to him!" Alice said, excitedly.

"You're right." You answered rushing up the stairs. You knocked on Edward's door.

"Come in." He called. You opened the door and saw him sitting on the beanbag chair. He seemed sad, and kind of upset.

"Hey. Um, sorry for kissing you I don't know if-" You began. Edward interrupted you.

"No, it's not that. I kissed you. Just, why do you regret it?" He asked.

"W-what? How do know that?" You questioned.

"We'll talk about that later. Just please, explain." Edward replied.

"Okay... well, I just thought that maybe you didn't want to kiss me, or I was bad at it or something. Or maybe I was being annoying somehow. I don't know." You explained, sitting on the desk chair.

"What? No, you're-you're a good kisser don't worry about that. I just thought maybe you didn't like me anymore." Edward said. You're heart dropped.

"H-how did you- Did Alice tell you? I can't believe she would do that." You replied, shaking your head.

"Alice didn't tell me. I just knew. It's kind of obvious." Edward lied. He couldn't tell you now. It could scare you off.

"Oh, well that's embarrassing." You blushed.

"No, no, it's cute. And, um, I wanted to let you know... I like you too. Hence, me kissing you." Edward smiled. You sighed in relief.

"Really?" You giggled, excitedly. You couldn't help but grin.

"Yes." Edward replied, happily.

"Well, what do we do now?" You asked.

"We could try a date? Tonight." Edward said.

"Good idea. But I don't have an outfit, makeup or anything. I want to look good." You explained.

"I'm sure Alice can help you. I think she's been eavesdropping." Edward laughed. You turned around to see Alice pop into Edward's room.

"Guilty." She chuckled with her hands up. You smiled. "But yes! I can totally help you. Come to the washroom while I get you an outfit."

"Okay. See you soon, Edward." You answered walking into the washroom.

*30 MINUTES LATER*

Alice had given you a silky and lacy black tank top and black jeans. You put your hair in a messy bun and Alice did your makeup. You walked down the stairs and Edward was waiting for you. He was wearing a white t-shirt and blue jeans. He smiled when he saw you. You got butterflies every time you saw him but this time was different. You felt like you won. He liked you back, he'd kissed you, and now you were going on a date with him. Nothing could be more perfect. Edward took your hand as you walked out the door.

"Okayyy, bye guys! Have fun." Alice said, cheerfully. You waved to Alice and smiled. She gave you a thumbs up before you got into his silver Volvo.

AUTHORS NOTE- lmao hi its me again hope u enjoyed this chapter. i kind of like these mini cliff hanger things. okay anyways sorry to disrupt your reading. next chapter will be up soon!