A Dazzling Reward

Start from the beginning

"You think so?" Sunset blushes a bit.

"Of course! I cried like a baby when you played Cinderella," you mentioned, making her chuckle.

"Anon, that was first grade," she points out.

Really, dude? You done went and lost cool points for that. "Well... even so. Sometimes you know people. And sometimes, you can just... see what's coming your way." Now that makes up for it.

"So, what do you see coming for you?" she asks.

"I don't know. Whatever it is, it's something I've never felt before," you say. Today's been nothing but a string of strange incidents and you just can't quite wrap your finger around it.

"Then... what about me?" she asks.

"For you... you're gonna light up Canterlot, then someday, maybe even Broadway," you praise. Sunset loved how caring you're being towards her.

"You know... you're taller than you look," she says, making you blush a bit.

"That's because I tend to hunch all the time," you say, shamefully, doing it once again, but Sunset goes and puts a hand on your chin, thus making your heart beat faster.

"You shouldn't have to hunch anymore. Never be ashamed of who you are," she encourages you before slowly removing her hand from your chin, giving you a new ray of hope.

Sadly, your moment is interrupted by the sound of a car horn honking. You and Sunset look and see Flash has shown up in his brand new car. All the air in your balloon comes out and once again a dark cloud descends directly over your head. "Hey, Sunset, come for a ride in my new birthday present!" he says.

'This guy, I swear,' you thought before looking at Sunset. "See ya."

"Bye. And remember what I said. You don't have to hunch anymore. There's a lot of good qualities about you that you should embrace," Sunset reminds. She gives you a pat on your hand before leaving with Flash in his so-called kick-ass car. Giving that car one more look, you get an idea.

"Cool car, my ass," you muttered before heading inside. "I'll show him."

The next day, you're taking a look at the newspaper catalog for some cars you want to buy. You check the prices of each car and most vehicles are way too pricey. Nevertheless, you keep searching until finally, one car catches your eye: a Sports Convertible for only $2500. Now, knowing your lifestyle, all that you can afford was a lousy school lunch and asking your aunt and uncle to loan you that kind of money is out of the question as they're already doing all they can to provide for you. But luck is on your side when you notice an ad in the paper about a wrestling match and the prize is a whopping $3,000.

Yup, this is just the break you need. You can already envision yourself driving up to Sunset's house and taking her for a ride around the city in that new hot rod.

Now... for the tricky part: A costume. The rules clearly state you need a costume in order to wrestle in the match and it has to be original and hiring some pro costume designer doesn't come cheap. So, you get out a notebook and some art pens and markers. You draw up several different costume designs. However, none of them seem to look right and have some major flaws. Flaws such as no utility belt, or even a symbol and of course, costumes that need more color in their design to make them unique. For the failed designs, you crumbled some of the pages and toss them to the side or in the trash.

The symbol for your suit, however, has many successful possibilities. Just then, that spider that bit you during the field trip gives you an idea. You recalled the color of the spider being red and blue... the perfect colors for your brand new costume.