Chapter 7:

Nightmare was just sitting alone in his own space while thinking about his brother. He thinks about all the times they spent together and how happy they looked that time,but now everything is messed up. The tears fill his eyes as he sees how he ruined his brother's life.

[I'm a failure as a brother... I can never make my bro happy,but this is his fault after all. The whole reason why I'm this goopy skeleton,but I guess it ain't fully his fault. I haven't been honest with him... I can never go back because this is who I am and hate will always overtake me. I don't know how to...]

Nightmare cries softly to himself.

NM:" How can I fucking go back. Shit!"
[I wanna go back so badly,how can I... I was never good at being honest with my brother... I have to apologise to him now]

He opens a portal to Dreamtale. He walks through it,but doesn't see his brother anyway. He tries to sense his brother's energy and opens a portal when he finds it. He finds his brother at Outertale Chill Out Cafe...with Ink,Blue,Outer Sans and Outer Frisk. He decides not to bother him. He decides to rather watch them. He has a plan in mind.

Dream:" You were by the Anti-Sanses?!"
Ink:" No no no not at all..."
Dream:" Any new information?!"
Ink:" No definitely not...[Except the fact that Horror is having some issues over there]
Blue:" Ink don't lie!"
Ink:" I'm not lying! I'm telling the truth. Nothing important was there. They were just chilling..."
Dream:" What were you doing there?!"
Ink:" I followed Error there..."
D and B:" Oh we see..."
Ink:" Guys?! Why TwT."

They all burst out laughing as Ink blushed of embarrassment. Nightmare almost burst of laughter,but tried to keep it in.

Outer Sans:" Oh we know exactly what you are talking about heh..."
Outer Frisk:" So easy to figure out..."
Ink:" Fucking stop guys!"
D and B:" No we fucking won't hahhahhahaha."
Ink:" Blue you too! I thought you guys were my friends!"
Dream:" Of course we are. Exactly why we aren't saying anything."
Ink:" I feel so fucked..."
All:" Pfft~

They all burst out laughing. Nightmare almost collapsed of laughter.[So this is why they are such good friends. They spend nice time together... I guess thats how it used to be with Dream and I] Nightmare thought, his smile turning to a frown.

Dream:" I gotta go quick. Need to do something."
Ink:" Sure."

Dream walks away from the cafe and opens a portal. He walks through it and Nightmare follows him with a portal of his own. When he gets to the other side he sees Dream by the destroyed tree. Dream puts his hand by the tree and a tear flows down his eye.

Nightmare walks up to Dream and gives him a fright so big his soul almost jumped out of his body.

NM:" Priceless..."
Dream:" Brother what are you doing here?!"
NM:" I need to talk to you Dream..."
Dream:" Okay...?"

Nightmare hugs Dream as the tears fill his eyes.

NM:" I'm sorry...I'm so so sorry..."

Dream is so shocked he doesn't know if he should be happy or surprised. He smiles with tears in his eyes.

Dream:" Its okay brother..."
NM:" I'm such a terrible person..."
Dream:" No you're not! You were just... Scared thats all. Ya know me by now. I was always a spooky scaredy skeleton."
NM:" Hahha thats not even the words."
Dream:" I know I know. Though they didn't really fit my description so I spiced em up."
NM:" Yeah...yeah ya did... Ya always do..."
Dream:" What made ya think about me...?"
NM:"[Oh shit! What do I say?!]
Dream:" Nightmare..."
NM:" Yes Dream?"
Dream:" Ya hadn't answered my question..."
NM:" Oh it just came to me..."
Dream:" Nightmare... I'm your brother... I know you better than anything... Something like that doesn't just come to you... Something or "someone" has to remind you."
NM:" Um..."
Dream:" No more lies Nightmare..."
NM:" Cross likes you okay! I told him he isn't gonna date you and he asked me why am I acting like I care... I just...can't"
Dream:" And you ran away to sit by yourself...?"
NM:" Yes maybe..."
Dream:" Still the same old Nightgaurd aren't you? Just you are... Nightmare now... Its okay brother... Oh and what was that Cross part?"
NM:" Better if you don't know. Good that ya didn't hear..."
Dream:" Oh I heard all right. I heard only too well. He...likes...me...?"
NM:" Yes he...does."