01

Olivia Hale had never had much luck when it came to boys. She had seriously considered never dating another guy in her life and being an independent woman but at the same time, she wanted to fall in love. She could fall in love and be an independent woman at the same time.

All of Olivia's past relationships had ended badly. Her first boyfriend left her for her best friend. Her second boyfriend had ghosted her and now, her third boyfriend had cheated on her.

Jordan Keanes, the tabloids' angel. He was a professional dancer on BBC's Strictly Come Dancing and the whole nation had fallen in love with him, Olivia Hale included.

The now ex-couple had met when Jordan guest-starred on Olivia's podcast, 'Hale, Whole and Healthy'. It was her health and fitness podcast that she had started and it went alongside her YouTube channel that she had created to document her fitness journey. She gained a few thousand subscribers along the way and now it was her full-time career. She was so grateful to be able to do something that she loved in a community that she adored.

Olivia and Jordan started dating not too long after he appeared on her podcast. Her listeners were quick to speculate after some apparent 'flirtatious behaviour'.

The brunette girl loved her boyfriend with her whole heart and she thought that he did too. She was convinced that one day in the future, they would settle down, get married and have kids. But she thought wrong because, in the blink of an eye, her whole world had changed.

The saying goes, "blink and you'll miss something". Blinking is a necessity but metaphorically, life moved so quickly. Everything was constantly changing and blinking, even for just a second, meant that she was bound to miss something. This time, Olivia missed the warning signs.

After a long day running errands and planning some video ideas, she had returned home to the flat that she shared with him and had found him in bed with another woman. Olivia had blinked and she went from loving life to being heartbroken.

Now, only a month after her sudden heartbreak, her best friend was pulling her away from her couch and begging her for a night out.

"Ava, I'm really not in the mood." Olivia groaned as she let her best friend pull her up, Olivia's body slouching and almost tripping over her feet as she did so.

Olivia never used to turn down a night on the town but after her very public break up, all she wanted to do was to stay at home and mope but Ava was not the type of girl to allow such behaviour.

"You still owe me a favour after I helped you edit your last video." Ava raised an eyebrow at her friend, knowing that there was no way that Olivia would say no to her after that.

With a sigh, the brunette finally agreed to her friend's plan and allowed Ava to dress her up and make sure that her makeup had been done to perfection. It had been a long time since Olivia had been so dressed up and somehow, when she looked at herself in the mirror, she felt normal.

The break up with Jordan hit Olivia harder than she liked to admit. She almost completely removed herself from society but it was Ava who had prevented her from doing so. Olivia felt like she owed a lot to Ava and that was exactly why she didn't put up much of a fight and was now, in the noisy club, filled with people who were sweaty and pressed up against each other.

"I'm heading to the bar!" Ava shouted to her best friend over the loud music. Olivia didn't have a chance to respond before the blonde girl disappeared into the crowd of people, leaving the brunette to step up on the dance floor and show everyone her moves.

Olivia had caught the eyes of several men and women and nobody could blame them. She was a beautiful young woman, her brunette hair always curled to perfection, her complexion glowing with a natural tan and her brown eyes captivating everyone in sight. It just so happened that one of the people who Olivia had caught the eye of was none other than her cheating ex-boyfriend, Jordan Keanes.

"Shit!" Olivia exclaimed as she spotted him from across the room. She immediately started to look around, trying to find a way out of the situation but there were too many bodies in the way for her to make it to the bathroom or the nearest fire exit. She was officially screwed.

The girl looked around the room one last time and noticed a guy who had his eyes on her. He was incredibly good looking and athletic. His hair was neat and his eyes curious as he watched her face of panic.

"Excuse me, I don't have a lot of time to talk but I need to ask you a favour. It's going to sound crazy but I would really appreciate the help." Olivia started to ramble, the stranger giving her an amused smile as he listened to what it was that she had to say. He had to admit that he was interested in what it was that she had to say and unless she was going to propose that they ran away together because he knew nothing about her but he had every intent on agreeing to whatever it was that she was going to propose to him.

"Can I get your name first?" She asked, curious and forgetting about Jordan for just a second.

"Matty." He replied and Olivia took a mental note of how he seemed to be a man of very few words.

"Well, Matty," It seemed to him that she was testing out his name for the very first time and he had to admit, he loved the way that it seemed to fall from her lips. He wasn't sure if it was her or if it was the alcohol.

"Matty, I need you to be my fake boyfriend!"

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

a/n: happy valentine's day my loves! Since everyone voted, Sue Me was the winner so here we have the first official chapter! Like I said, updates won't officially start up for this book for a wee while yet but I adore this book so I want you guys to see some of it.

Slightly heartbroken because Matty hurt his hamstring last night and we still don't know how bad it is. I'm heartbroken for him because I want him to continue doing well in the Premier league, he deserves it but also because I need my weekly dose of Matty :(

Do you guys have a valentine?

- I'm single, again so no valentine for me. Maybe we can be each other's valentines if you don't already have one!

Enjoy and stay safe!

Lots of love, e x