14

It had been days since Olivia last heard from Matty. Their last point of contact was when Matty had his outburst at the McNeill charity night and if she was being honest, some part of her was quite glad that he hadn't tried to contact her. She had been left embarrassed and humiliated in front of everyone. Every guest at the event had heard about her fake relationship, her parents included. She knew that the truth was going to come out eventually but in a way that she had planned.

In the days that had passed since the event, Olivia had done nothing but drown her sorrows in ice cream and chick flicks. Her hair had been in the same double dutch braids since that night. It had been left unwashed and she hadn't changed out of her pyjamas. Ava knew that she was upset and moping but the smell was beginning to spread around the house. 

"Olivia, I know you're hurting and I mean this in the nicest way possible but if you do anything today, please let it be that you go for a shower." Ava groaned as she entered the living room, the place that Olivia had been living for the past week or so.

Olivia knew that she had to move and finally be a functioning part of society again soon but she couldn't bring herself to do it. She was heartbroken and she needed a bit more time to get over the initial shock of the whole situation. Matty was the last person she expected to do something like that to her.

"Okay, I'll go now." Olivia put her hands up in surrender and moved from under the pile of blankets on the soft couch and towards the bathroom where she finally washed the grease out of her hair and washed the odour away. She didn't want to admit it but she felt fresh again and it made her feel a lot better.

She stepped out of the shower and dried herself off in the steam-filled room. She pulled on a pair of jogging bottoms and a cropped hoodie before making her way into the living room, a towel still on her head. When she walked into the room where she had done nothing but eat and cry, she saw her family sitting on the couch and waiting for her.

"Hey, guys, what are you doing here?" Olivia gave her parents a cautious smile as she entered the room and sat herself down on the couch beside her parents.

She knew why they were there. She knew that they both wanted answers and to ask questions about what they had heard that night. They had tried to reach out to their daughter and she had simply ignored them. Olivia was scared to come clean. She had been embarrassed enough. She really didn't need to be scolded for her behaviour.

"Why? Why did you do it?" That was the first question that came out of Lee's mouth. He had liked Matty, more than he had liked Jordan and some part of him felt betrayed by both his daughter and Matty. He had wished that neither one of them had lied to him about it.

"It was only supposed to be one night. Jordan was at the same club and I pulled Matty out of the crowd and asked him to be my fake boyfriend in front of Matty. That's all it was." Olivia confessed and she could see the look of disappointment on her mum's face. That was what killed her the most. It wasn't the anger, it was the disappointment. 

Olivia had been lying to her parents for months and she knew that she shouldn't have. She had been sceptical about the whole thing and ultimately, she had made a series of poor decisions.

"Jordan called you and you sounded so excited about it. I couldn't let you down so I asked him for one more night. We were going to stage a breakup and then it was going to be all over." Pamela reached over and rubbed her daughter's back, knowing that it wasn't easy for her to tell them everything. Not after the stunt that Matty had pulled, even if he did admit that he loved her. He really needed to work on his romance.

"Oh, honey." Lee pulled his daughter into a hug, feeling huge amounts of sympathy for her.

In a way, Olivia felt relieved that she had everything out in the open and that her parents now knew everything. A weight had been lifted off of her shoulders and she found comfort in the fact that her parents were there with her. They were there for her.

"I really, really liked him," Olivia confessed. That was the final straw for the brunette girl. She thought that she had cried enough. She was positive that her tears had all dried up but she was wrong. The tears pricked at her eyes and the lump in her throat had risen. She tried to swallow it down but it was no use. The tears started to roll down her cheeks and before she knew it, she was sobbing in the arms of her parents.

Olivia Hale was heartbroken at the hands of Matty Cash, the one guy she trusted with her heart completely. He had confessed his true feelings for her but that didn't matter to Olivia because he had left her mortified in front of everyone who had ever been important to her. She felt like she was reliving every heartbreak that she had ever had at the hands of a boy but worse. It was worse for her because although she hadn't quite figured it out yet, Olivia Hale was completely, unapologetically and irrevocably in love with Matty Cash.

note from e !

Hello, loves! Another little update for you. Matty was playing again today (let's not talk about that result) and it was so nice to see him back on the pitch after the world cup, however, I hope his injury is nothing serious.

In other news, Hibs won today! Kevin Nisbet hattrick 😌 that's 5 goals in 5 games for Nissy since he's come back from injury. He was out for 9 months with an acl and meniscus tear so very pleased to have him back and in form.

How's everyone enjoying football post world cup?
- it took me a wee while to get back into tbh. The final was just so exhilarating that all league football just felt a bit boring! However, I'm kind of enjoying it again? Hibs and Villa are both providing me with equal amounts of pain which isn't enjoyable but the battles across both the Scottish and English league tables is very interesting.

Enjoy and stay safe!

Lots of love, e x