Part One Hundred and Twenty Eight

Start from the beginning

Hours she knew they didn't have.

Taehyung was pale - his breathing shallow - collarbone jutting out at an odd angle.

Yoongi was pale too, hiding more damage than any of them could see, his chest heavy and wet.

Mathan sat Jimin in the front, the man too shocked to move on his own as Hoseok climbed into the back and buckled into the captain's chair there.

"Everyone good?" Kaelyn asked as she started the ambulance and buckled her own self in. "Make sure they're strapped down. It's gonna be a bumpy ride."

The suspension of ambulances wasn't that great and they weren't four-wheel drive, but Kaelyn aimed to do the very best she could.

It was a long haul out to the main road and she had to be mindful of her surroundings so that none of them would be caught.

~oooOooo~

Kaelyn drove at break-neck speed, the back of the ambulance sometimes drifting or fish-tailing when she took a curve too fast, Mathan screaming at her to slow down and watch the road.

"Shut up!" she screamed back as she almost lost control. "You drive the god-damned thing if you don't like it!"

But of course Mathan didn't make a move.

He didn't know these particular roads that well. Kaelyn had brought them out the old trails in the back - not out the main road everyone else always used.

~oooOooo~

"You need to take the Parkway!" Mathan said some time later.

Hours maybe?

Or minutes.

None of the four remaining members knew.

"I don't!" Kaelyn insisted. "I need to get to 75! The Parkway has that mountain!"

"The Parkway goes to 75!" Mathan roared.

"THEN YOU FUCKING DRIVE!" Kaelyn screamed as she spun around another curve, almost losing control of the ambulance altogether. "Shit! Shut the fuck up!"

Kaelyn's heart was racing. It was a dangerous road they drove under normal circumstances, but with all the rain and mud - parts of the hillside sliding into the road - the stretch they traveled was borderline fatal.

"You..." Hoseok managed to say, thinking they needed to stop fighting and start concentrating on the road, but afraid to vocalize much else.

"Do the sirens work on this thing?" Mathan asked.