Part Forty

T/N: VOCABULARY LESSON!!! WOOHOO!!!!! Here are the new words we used this chapter!

l Arasseo: (Korean) When asked a question it means 'do you understand?'. When said as a statement it means 'I understand'.

l yeo-bo: (Korean) 'darling' or 'honey'

l Yagsog: 'Promise'

l Yagsog hae: 'I promise'

l Aish: A sound made when upset or annoyed. Can mean a variety of things. 'Oh crap'! 'Shit!' 'Fuck!' 'Oh no!'

~oooOooo~

All of the members were lost to their own thoughts after that, none of them in any way sure of what they should say, or how it should be said. Everything they thought they had known was now a lie and in the midst of all their pain, they wondered why the betrayal of Mathan Foley had hurt so much.

Finally settling down, most of the men managed an uneasy amount of rest, all of them agreeing to take turns staying up to ensure no one tried to harm them as they slept.

Judging from the way Jungkook was breathing however, Taehyung wasn't positive he was okay at all, and it worried him more than he thought his heart could take.

At some point in the very early morning, Jungkook once again woke, his eyes slowly opening as he looked at his brother, his former lover, the man his heart still loved.

"Why so serious?" Jungkook whispered as he smiled at Taehyung, the action not reaching his eyes.

"How are you, Jungkookie?" Taehyung said, reciprocating as best he could.

Kookie just shrugged, the pain in his chest a mixture of physical discomfort and emotional longing for that which he no longer had.

"The guards brought us heaters," Taehyung said. "Would you like me to put one in the bathroom so you can take a shower?"

Jungkook thought for a moment before pushing himself up and looking around, his brow furrowed as he forced himself to remember what happened.

"Where..." he began.

"He-" Taehyung couldn't finish but he didn't need to. He never needed to when he was with him.

"Is he?" Jungkook asked, his tone darkening as he frowned, his heart and mind at war once more.

Taehyung could only nod in sad agreement.

"He's really gone?" Jungkook could hardly get the words out; they felt heavy on his tongue.

"He's doing it for us," Taehyung said, as he brushed the hair from Jungkook's eyes. "He has to be, Jungkook. Somehow...Jiminie is doing this to keep us safe. All of us. I - I have to believe that..." Taehyung's voice trailed off.