Chapter 8: Dummy

I scratched the back of my head while walking back to the club to change back into my school uniform, after having so much fun in today's match. And again, it made me wonder...

"Why did I leave the soccer club?"

Aria's POV

So the game ended in a draw, huh~

And now that the match is over, I stood up,

Then it hit me...

It's time to go home

But it wasn't that I was feeling sad about having to leave, or sad about having to go home after this fun moment ending, what really upset me was something else, quite far from it...

I've just come to realize, that if everything were normal, I would go home today by Threo's bike.

But today is not a normal day. Today there is Hoshie, a small and cute girl whose charm managed to catch even I, the high Aria Ventosa, called royalty of this school, off guard. And now that Mr.Oper isn't here, there is no one to bring her home other than Threo. There's two of us, but only one person fits on the backseat, and our houses literally go opposite ways...

I'm sure that Threo wouldn't make a way for me. I started to feel sad when I realized it was time to go home, because it also made me realize how little and unimportant I am. I'm feeling unrighteous anger starting to grow from within me, anger towards Hoshie, but I can't help it. I cannot help feeling that she's constantly and slowly taking away something from me, maybe way too many things, and I cannot help but to see her as an evil person for doing it.

I know that it is wrong to feel this, but I can't control it.

But it's fine, as long as it's left unsaid, am I right?

*tap tap* I felt from behind me, it was Hoshie, holding her notebook in front of her mouth, this time it read:

"Hey, hey!" and she turned on to the next page,

"Why did Threo leave the soccer club?"

I remained silent for a while, before answering,

"He never told me."

And yet, I always knew.

Threo and us walked forward towards each other, and as soon as I was in front of him,

It's time to go home.

I slapped him.

Wha-what am I doing...

I'm overreacting, it's just one day of not going home with Threo after all.

But he's going home with another girl!!!

But she's like a sister to him... but...

I'm overreacting it's just...

ARRGGGHHHH!!!!

"Ouch..." he said.

"HMPP!" I crossed my arms and turned my back on him, now facing Hoshie and Sissy,

"What was that sound...?" Hoshie asked with a weak voice, while Sissy was covering Hoshie's eyes.

Thank you Sissy... T_T she probably covered Hoshie's eyes so that she couldn't see me slap Threo.

"That was nothing, let's go home" I sighed.