Chapter 4: A Night With A Star

Threo's POV

"Phewwww~"

After a while, since it was already late, their parents came to pick them up.

I'm so exhausted from all the thinking my tiny brain had to do. I crashed on the couch immediately. Not on my bed becoz' we still need to have dinner.

'Oh right! Where's Hoshie?' I thought to myself as I leaned my head forward and look for Hoshie from the couch, but I couldn't see her, so I closed my eyes again and leaned back.

...but then only a bit later, I felt something tickling my face.

When I opened my eyes, it was Hoshie's hair falling on my face and her face being very close to mine-

"WaAaah!"

"AA!"

We were both startled, I slid down to the floor while she backed away.

"Um... what is it?" I asked

"D...dinner" Hoshie said with a soft voice.

Wow! Dinner is ready already! Maybe I fell asleep or something.

On the long dinner table, I sat beside Hoshie who sat in front of Mom who had Dad beside her.

It was quiet at first, but then my father began explaining what happened during the day when I was having school, and also what they talked about last night when they sent me to sleep early because I had school the following day.

First, they told me about Hoshie on the night when I was asleep. Hoshie described the place where she came from with my mom through drawings, eye contact, and written speeches. And this is what my father could summarize it as,

"Hello I am Hoshie. 9 years ago I was a baby on a giant faaar away star. Then suddenly I felt a veeery strong breeze on that star, and with them, came the memories of a young boy, a boy who grew up and shot an imaginary arrow towards a star. I was amazed and inspired, so I made an arrow from the ground too, and shot it right towards where the breeze came from!"

"9 years later, I was finally a grown up on the star, I was grown up enough to depart. And so I departed, and searched for the boy that gave me his memories. By analyzing the memories he gave me, I learned English! But I don't remember all of the memories and that's why I don't really understand this world. Then, I finally arrived, and saw a boy, and somehow I knew that, I had the feeling that, it was the same boy that shot the arrow 9 years ago"

Hoshie also wrote about wanting to get to know this world more, and to be with me more as well, because I was the very first human that she knew even before I knew her. But my mom and dad said that it wouldn't be possible for Hoshie to always be with me, as I have school for most of the day. However, Mom suggested to enroll her in my school as well, to grant her wish.

But there was another problem, she didn't have any documents as a human here on Earth. Fortunately though, that is what my dad took care of today morning.

"We went to the orphanage to register her as an abandoned child that we found in the forest, and then adopted her. I'm really smart right?" Dad let out a big laugh, "While the documents are being made, she will study for the special entrance exam for your school, son".

I saw the situation as alright, I feel pretty happy about it, and it's kind of embarrassing but at the same time heartwarming to hear an innocent girl's desire to be with me. It kinda makes me blush a little. >///<

Then suddenly a question came to my mind,

"Wait, what will be her name then?"

I'm mainly wondering about whether she will have the same surname as us. I mean, I don't mind looking at her as my little sister, but... I don't know...