Chapter 10: The Answer

"Lynx! That was amazing!" I walked up to him.

"I guess..." he replied. Seriously, this guy returns with the craziest stuff and brushes it off like they're normal everyday items.

A horde of fans then came rushing towards him and swept him away, this time there was no escape for him. Yup... there he goes.

I followed along at my own pace, finding him at the science club helping the members by solving their months old problems like it was some trivial homework. We then walked home together, I wanted to catch up with him and might as well ask a favor.

"Are you gonna change your sim again?"

"Yup... as usual..." he sighed.

I laughed, "How many times have you changed your sim now?"

"Too many to count," he said, "Half day here is somehow more tiring than a whole week overseas"

"Hahaha, is that why you don't come home often?"

"Don't be like that, Threo. It's not like I hate it here, that's why I still come home."

"Say, have you read those messages about Hoshie?"

"Oh... the alien? Ah yes, I almost forgot, I have been pretty interested in her since you've sent those texts, can I drop by today?"

"I thought you were tired?"

"It's different matter when it comes to research" he said.

So to him seeing Hoshie is like part of his job. Somehow hearing that makes me feel a bit off.

"Well then, I hope you can help me out with a favor then."

"Sure, what is it?"

I explained the situation to him about Hoshie's enrolment, there's only 12 days left after all for her to be able to take the special entrance exam, and since he is incredibly smart then maybe he can be the one to tutor her.

"I see... Do we start today then?" he asked, and I nodded. Even though Lynx is really smart, I can't be sure how much more time Hoshie needs to learn enough, so we have to start as early as we can.

"I'm home"

"Threooooo!—" Hoshie came rushing to the front door but stopped when she saw Lynx,

"Woah, she's a bit... bright, literally. It's faint but the light is there" Lynx said.

"Oh, this is Lynx, sorry to surprise you, I also didn't know he was coming. Oh right, he will be helping you study, so be thankful."

"Ehh? But I already studied all day" Hoshie said.

She does have a point... Even I would hate to study all day and then some time extra.

"I'm sorry... but there's only 12 days left, and you want to get in the school, right?" I said, and Hoshie nodded sadly.

"Err... Dad? What do you say? Do you think she needs it right away?" I asked my dad, and at the same time Hoshie turned to him with puppy eyes begging him to say no.

"Threo, you were with me when we were trying to teach Hoshie yesterday, so you know her status just as well as I do." my dad said.

Well, to be honest she wasn't doing that bad...