starting line up

「 12:06 ! monday noon ! 」

12:06 ! monday noon !

you were currently in the gym, waiting for bokuto to send out a new email to whomever he was going to pick as the setter.

"hm..." your friend started humming, his feet going back and forth, "i would ask you who i should pick but you're brainless in volleyball."

"and i don't think i even have the authority to give you my opinion, bo..."

"oh... you're right."

you were just scrolling aimlessly through your phone while bokuto was trying to make the most sophisticated-sounding email to the new setter. he'd ask you here and there if there was a better synonym for a specific word.

bokuto started digging through his gym bag and his eyes lit up at a crumpled up paper he found.

you peeked over and raised a brow, "what's that?"

the male turned his head towards you, "oh i had an idea for a starting line up earlier in class but we weren't allowed to use any electronic devices so i just wrote it on a random piece of paper."

you chuckled before asking him for it.

"your handwriting is so cute, bo," you grinned at him, "akaashi as the setter, really?"

bokuto nodded and sighed, "he was pretty good. he was better than our last setter, shūichi." he rolled his eyes at the name.

you straightened your back, "you think he's a good fit for the team?"

your friend nodded, "i mean he worked well with all of us," he explained, "and plus, i heard from a few athletes that he's really good in club volleyball. i heard that he has a really good serve."

you tilted your head at his words. you wouldn't expect the quiet book nerd male to be so athletic.

"i think you and akaashi would play well together!"

" he is pretty good. his sets were the best and the most easiest to hit!" he explained eagerly, opening the gym office with the keys given to him, "how about you and him, haven't you guys been going on dates?" bokuto asked.

you were taken aback, "what? no. we're just friends." you cringed as you remembered his texts from yesterday. "well that's what he said, anyway."

"friends?" he started proofreading the email, "how... dense!"

"i know!" you grumbled, resting your head in the palms of your hands, "it's a bit silly."

once the email was sent to akaashi, the two of you headed out of the gym. bokuto's mouth frowned at the sight of the cloudy weather, "damn it! it's disgusting outside, i wanted to go for a run later."

you smiled at his words, "i beg to differ! rainy weather is the best!" you argued back, taking out your umbrella out of your backpack. "come on, let's head to the dorms."

instead of going under your umbrella, he started running through the rain.

"bo!" you hurriedly ran after him, "you're gonna get sick you idiot!" you were desperate to get the plastic umbrella on top of him.

he stopped in the middle of the rain and started laughing, enjoying himself.

you sheltered him with your umbrella, but making sure he could still have a clear view of the rain drops, "come on, bo... students are staring." your eyes went to the people who are staring at you weirdly.

"who cares!" he exclaimed while you two were walking to a less wet area, "my dorm is in this direction!

"i'll see you tomorrow?"

"you know it! bye y/n!" bokuto gave you a hug before running off to his dorm.

you smiled at your best friend from a distance, "what a dork."

୨୧

[14:34]

[14:34]

hey

heyy

guess what

what!!!

i'm the new setter
for the team

hey that's great!

thank you

i'm excited

i never deemed you
as an athletic person

oh yeah?

my mile time is 6
minutes

oh? 😏

when he runs fast😏

i can easily save us
from dinosaurs if
they were ever to go
un-extinct

ugh 😩

lol

i was at the library again

was kinda waiting for you

what! why didn't
you say anything?

i didn't want to force
you to study

oh trust me
you NEED to
force me to study

what's your major again?

art lol

oh

you?

literature

oh yes i remember

and we both have
the same minors

trying to finish
those class requirements
yk😤

hey do you want to
go out for coffee again
tomorrow?

oh!! yeah sure! :)

cool

and i need my coat back

oh

lol it's just hanging
on my door right now

[akaashi's coat.jpg]

great

i'll see you tomorrow