𝑵𝒊𝒏𝒆𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

Start from the beginning

The boy just shook his head and turned around. He wanted to head to class and get the day over with. Percy ran a hand through his hair one last time before something a ugh y his eye.

Waking down the hallway was someone who made everyone stop and stare. Standing there, they were surveying the halls while looking for someone, and gradually, their eyes locked onto his, and his heart stopped.

Ariadne stood there in a pair of jeans, a random band t-shirt, and a black windbreaker that had a small trident embroidered in the left corner. His mom had given it to him as a present for his birthday when he turned fifteen.

She had a grin on her face, which seemed to light the hallway. Her hair was on their natural curls, and Percy tilted his head.

Ariadne picked up her pace and got to him quickly. He hugged her immediately. She smelled like vanilla and strawberries, and it made him happier. Her arms were wrapped around his waist.

Percy pulled back. "What are you doing here?" he asked. "Don't you have school?"

She raised an eyebrow. "I am at school," she said. "I go here."

His face became confused.

"Aria and your moon decided it would be best if I come to school with you," Ariadne said. "We wanted to keep it a surprise."

Her fingers interlocked with his. Percy stared down at her, looking over every freckle that dotted her face. She pulled him closer and ignored the stares from everyone else.

Percy smiled. "Well, I'm glad you're here."

Ariadne shrugged. The girl reached into her pocket and pulled out a blue beanie, placing it onto his head. She tucked his grey strand under the beanie. "I know you didn't wnat people asking any questions."

The bell rang.

He held out his hand. "Want me to walk you to your classes?" he asked.

"Seeing as they're the same as yours, yeah."

Percy laughed. "You chose PE and art as your electives?"

Ariadne stuck her tongue out. "No. PE and choir," she said. "I just wanted to show off I guess."

They began walking down the halls. He gripped her hand tightly and nudged her once they came close to their first class, and he stopped her.

"We're gonna be late," she chuckled.

Percy leaned closer. He kissed her, causing her to kiss back. He tasted like cookies and sea salt, which made Ariadne hum. She pulled back and smiled up at her boyfriend.

They entered their class together. And Ariadne leaned back, giving a Percy a smile while he played with her hair.

Things weren't so bad after all.

***

     SHE HATED RAIN.

Unlike Percy, she was never a fan of storms or rain. In her many years at camp it ever rarely rained. Thanks to the magical barriers around her home, the weather was always nice and sunny during the summer and fall. Winter was always snowy, and spring was just vibrant.

Ariadne hated the way her hair would stick to her face anytime it got wet. Or the way it would become frizzy and damp once it dried, causing her mane to become more unbearable.

Percy on the other hand loved the rain. Maybe it had something to do with the fact that he was a son of Poseidon, but he had told her numerous times he liked the way it sounded and watching how droplets would fall down windows. It calmed him down.