A New Start

Edited* (ish)

What is good my bad bittieeeees! I'm new at this so please bare with me. I'm in highschool but I will try my best to update and if I don't then you already know what it is and what do I put that on? My depression. I don't want to reveal what my characters look like all at once so some is left to your imagination. Lemme apologize in advance for any grammatical errors and Things will most likely get heated for yall asses at times that is... IF YALL ABOUT IT. Enjoy!

"Alright, so what do you think? It's a good plan isn't it, you don't even have to tell me to be honest!" Max said looking ecstatic. I stare at her emotionless rethinking some life choices of my own.

"Remember how I would always call you a dumbass? Yeah that statement still stands." I get up off the couch and start walking towards the kitchen to get myself a snack.

"You didn't even try letting the idea settle first like think about it."

" I THINK we should take that plan and dispose of it properly..."

I'm Dani Reef and soon you will understand what Is going on but for now let's just say that was my Psychotic friend, Max Garcia.

"Listen I hate Braden as much as you do, but setting his car on fire will not I repeat will NOT change how things ended between the two of you. Not to mention I'm not bout to throw all my good earned money for college out the window when I'm already broke."

"This is our Senior year, we are 17, act like it." Max turned to me with a stunned look on her face.

"....you sound so hot right now, I'll jump your bones, just say the word."

After five seconds of silence, we break out in laughter until the doorbell rings. My heart drops... it's 11 o clock, on a Wednesday, in New York. I live in a fuckin apartment complex with a best friend who has anxiety attacks over which fit she should wear first during the week.

"Wait!". I search under the couch to grab my old childhood toy...Ms. B the metal bat.

"Are you done yet?" Rolling her eyes , Max walks towards the door and slightly opens it. Soon as it opens, an irritated look comes across her face.

"The fuck do you want ?"

"Watch ya mouth, the only reason I'm here is to drop off the rest of your things."

Ugh Braden.

"Gracias..now get out."

It's weird because you look at her face and she looks so calm and collected but as soon as you meet her hazel green eyes you see the anger and disgust.

Her form becomes more confident, her insanely long, black, 3c hair being pushed up while gently laying On her shoulders. She's doing what she does best...shes being a bad bitch.

"Baby she literally meant nothing to me. You are ten times the woman she will ever be."

Ugh ass kissers are just the worst.

"Ok now correct me if I'm wrong..." I chime in.

"Were you thinking that before or after we caught her sucking your.....nether region ?"

"Dani, chupa mi polla" he growls.

Max slowly takes a step toward him.

"Your "best friend" already did, now im going to have to ask you to leave." she says in a low and steady tone.

"Yeah what she said, STEP."

Max takes her belongings from him and before I could blink, he was on the opposite side of our door.

"YOU KNOW WHAT? THIS RELATIONSHIP WASN'T WORTH THE TROUBLE!" he yells kicking the door.

Poor door.

"OH YEA, YOU KNOW WHAT ELSE?" Max yells back hitting the door.

#Justice for the door 2021.

"NEITHER WAS THE SEX".

There was stomping trails down the hall leading to muffled curses and threats.

"You good?" I ask softly, rubbing her back.

She turns around and as I wait for her response, all i see is tears filling her eyes.

Immediately I engulf her in a bear hug. "Hey, hey it'll get better I promise. We moved here for a reason remember ? Our parents probably wouldn't  think we'd  last a day here without them, now look at us. We start a new school tomorrow , we paid for this apartment by ourselves, and we managed to get decent jobs and if that's not making it in life then....then i don't know what is".

If you haven't noticed I'm not the best with this mushy shit, but compared to the awkward head pats i use to give her, this is progression.

I didn't get much affection growing up like cmon my favorite toy is a bat. All I recall is the anger and disappointment from my abusive parents. We'll get into that later though, but for now I'm only focused on her. She's all I have after all.

"You're absolutely right." she says wiping her tears and giving me a soft smile. 

"Plus think of all the possible hot guys you'll meet tomorrow...you always said you wanted to try chocolate in your milk..." I say with a grin.

"Ay dios mio...I have nothing to wear...". She rushes to her room and yells "goodnight! Say hi to Jesus for me".

I chuckle under my breath and sigh as I walk towards my room.

I get on my knees and pray "please God, let us have a good day tomorrow and protect us from seen and unseen danger. We crave no problems. If there's any difficulties from students, I at least ask you that I won't break a nail because these are far from cheap, Amen".

I turn off my lamp, hop into bed, in seconds I drift off to sleep. Let the games begin....

Max's POV
*5 am*
It's happening again...the screams and whimpers coming from Danis room.  I rapidly get out of bed and open her door noticing her toss and turn. She gets these nightmares about her parents that haunt her left and right. A year ago from today, I recall the days in Philly where she would sneak out and come through my window. I would see the bruises and slashes everywhere on her body and almost covered up with makeup. Her bleeding, scratched bottom lip, and weak form before she would collapse on my covers. My parents have treated me like caca verbally my whole life, but ever to verbally AND physically abuse me. Something happened that particular night Daniella came over. It was 12 o clock and it took me over a hour to get her to reveal what burdened her. Once I heard the truth, my heart cracked. That night I packed my bags enough for the both of us, left a note on my night stand, went to take all our money out of our accounts and the emergency cash I'd leave in my sock drawer, looked her dead in the eyes and said two words.

"We're leaving."

I hope you're liking it so far please do not leave rude comments only good vibes and support and don't forget constructive criticism is welcome. If you prefer it to be a little bit longer i will try to make that wish come true!