chapter eighteen

KAYA HAD THE URGE to throw the alarm clock out of the window . It was ringing loudly, and the lack of sleep didn't help. Fleur was still sleeping cluelessly, which annoyed Kaya even more, though she didn't know why.

At last, she groaned loudly and got out of the warm, comfortable bed and turned the blaring alarm off. It was seven in the morning, so Kaya had around three hours to pack and leave. She frowned and looked at Fleur.

"Hey! Wake up." She said, raising her voice.

Fleur only turned from one side to the other, still sleeping peacefully. Kaya rolled her eyes and yanked the blanket off the sofa, and threw it on her own bed.

"What the-" Fleur gasped, and sat up urgently.

"Glad you're awake." The other girl said innocently, then left to make coffee. Fleur chuckled and shook her head, heading to the bathroom to change.

"You're lucky I love you hoe." Fleur said and rolled her eyes.

"Love you too potato!" Kaya called from the kitchen.

/

The two friends had been hugging for almost a whole minute straight. Both of them got emotional and felt sad. Kaya didn't want to leave her new bestie behind. It had been so much fun running around in target and talking about life.

Eventually, Kaya's uber arrived and they pulled away. The taller girl placed her hands on Fleur's shoulders.

"Take care while I'm gone. And don't forget to message me every day." She said sternly but had a small smile on her face.

"Don't worry Kay, I'll be fine. You'll be the first to know if anything happens to me." 'And probably the only one' Fleur wiped her eyes and smiled too.

She hated being this emotional but couldn't help it. To her it felt like a part of her was being ripped away. Kaya had helped her so much, and she was feeling happier than ever around her.

"I guess this is see you later." Fleur laughed but her eyes were sad. She refused to say goodbye, that sounded way too depressing.

"Yeah, we'll meet the second you get back to LA."

They hugged one last time and waved as Kaya got into the uber. Fleur watched as the grey car drove off, and stood there in a daze for a minute before sighing and heading back to her hotel room.

An instant rush of sadness filled her. At least she would be able to distract herseld by packing up. The tour bus would be arriving at 9 pm so she had a few hours before that.

While the brunette hummed a sad tune, she climbed the stairs and eventually reached her hotel room. She sighed and crashed into her bed. Fleur didn't want to sleep since she could do it on the bus and avoid the boys while doing so, but her body was begging for some rest.

"Ugh. Wake up!" She lightly slapped herself and sat up. 'Time to start packing.' She thought, and lazily got working on the pile of clothes on her sofa.

/

Jack walked down the hall back to his room. He glanced up from his phone and saw a tired looking Fleur open the door and step inside her room. Jack frowned a bit, but soon his expression softened. He really needed, and wanted, to talk to her, but he had no idea how to. Would she even open the door for him?

The curly haired boy went into his hotel room too and sat on his bed with his arms crossed. Jack rested his head on his hands and placed them on his legs. His goal was to come up with something to say to Fleur.

Jack knew that his plans never went exactly the way he wanted them to, so he would probably have to improvise.

After a long time of sulking and racking his brain, Jack decided to just give it a shot. He didn't really know what to expect. After all, he'd never had a proper, full conversation with the girl.

Hesitantly, he made his way over to her room. His hand hovered nervously in front of the door, unsure if this was actually a good idea. Jack took a deep breath and knocked twice. He held his breath subconsciously, waiting for a response.

Footsteps could be heard as Fleur made her way to the door. She was confused at who could possible be at her door, let alone at 8 pm. She secretly hoped that kaya had come back but knew it wasn't the case.

The girl opened the door. She just stood there in shock, staring at the noodle haired boy.

"Hi?" She said, but it came out more as a question.

Jack's whole body was screaming abort mission, but he ignored it and replied, "Hey."

Fleur raised an eyebrow in utter bewilderment. Why the hell was he standing there? Was it another prank?

"Can we talk?" Jack blurted out.

Fleur's jaws dropped. Jack Avery wanted to talk to her? She was surely dreaming. Her mind was trying to come up with a realistic and believable answer to why he was standing in front of her room to talk.

"I'm listening." She sassed back, realising they were probably pranking her again.

"I mean in private?"

The short girl looked around again and sighed. Whatever it was, she wanted to get it over with. Obviously people don't change overnight.

Unless...

A/N

school sUCKS 🤠

anyways i hope you're having a good day!

2020. nov. 19.