chapter eleven

FLEUR SINGH was opening for Why Don't We in 20 minutes. The crowd was screaming loudly, she could barely hear her own thoughts.

Meanwhile, David had sent the boys to wish her luck, but of course they had no intention of doing so. Instead, they put their plan into action and sent Jack with Corbyn to find the diary.

"How childish is having a diary?" Jonah scoffed as they climbed the stairs and headed backstage.

"I know, right?" Daniel laughed.

They reluctantly made their way over to the room and didn't bother greeting Fleur. However, Zach had thought of something 'funny' to say,

"Hope you break your leg." He snickered, smirking at the two other band members.

"That would ruin your performance." She whispered, though they all heard it.

Jonah was just as confused as Zach and Daniel. Why wasn't she arguing back like most of the time?

Fleur ignored them and stopped pacing. Only 10 more minutes. She was worried over everything, especially meeting her new friend for the first time. Fleur knew she had to perfect the two songs she was singing, otherwise she would disappoint so many people. Including herself.

Unfortunately, the time passed by faster than ever, and she was forced to go on stage and open for the tour. This gave the why don't we boys the perfect opportunity to see if Jack and Corbyn had succeeded.

With Daniel running fastest, they all rushed to meet up in the discussed spot.

"Do you have it??" Jonah said loudly, out of breath.

Jack grinned in response and help up a journal. It looked worn out, like it had been used for years. Zach smiled. The older it is, the more things they can read.

"Why can't we see it now?" Corbyn pouted, trying to snatch the book out of Jack's hands.

"Boys? Boys!" Someone was looking for them, meaning they were supposed to get ready to go on stage any minute.

"That's why." Jonah rolled his eyes and the five boys prepared to go on stage to start the show.

The band headed backstage again and a few minutes later, Fleur ended her last song. She walked off after waving to the audience and didn't even look at the boys. She kept her head low, eyes focused on the ground.

Her heart was aching but she didn't know why. All she could feel was a desire to get it all out of her. The best way was to write a song. Fleur didn't hesitate to change or even sit down, she grabbed a plain paper laying around along with a pen and found the room with a large piano in the middle. She admired it before she closed the door and sat down.

Her fragile hands started playing on the piano softly, creating a tune out of some chords. She hummed and her mind was trying to find words that could express her feelings. A while later she had already made part of a new song.

Fleur stopped only to take a deep breath and play it over again.

"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming
Or the moment of truth in your lies
When everything feels like the movies
Yeah, you bleed just to know, you're alive

And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am"

In the midst of song writing, Fleur didn't realize that so much time had passed. Her phone started going off like crazy, which caused her to look up and snap out of the trance.

Fleur had tons of unread messages from Kaya.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Unread messages from Kayyy 🍋💡

the show ended!
hello??
WHERE ARE YOUUU
IM GOING TO THE PARK AS SOON AS I GET OUT OF HERE
I'LL SEE YOU THERE
IF NOT
I'LL HUNT YOU DOWN OR SOMETHING
IDK
JUST COME
IF YOU FORGOT THAT'S A CRIME BUT
I'M REMINDING YOU

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

Her heart beat with worry but she got up and rushed into the dressing room with the paper. Fleur quickly changed her clothes into something more normal and opened her backpack. However, when she shoved the new lyrics into her bag, she noticed that something was missing.

Her heart skipped sever beats and her face grew red.

"Where's my diary?" She muttered, starting to panic.

Her phone buzzed with new messages again, making her irritated.

"Stop being selfish, you probably left it at home. Go meet Kaya before she changes her mind." She scolded herself, running down the stairs and finding the hidden back door.

Fleur didn't tell anyone about her leaving, but she wanted it that way. She slowed to a walk and pulled her hood over her head. It was colder than she expected but she wasn't going back. Thoughts flooded her once empty mind and she began to feel even worse.

The girl knew very well that she didn't leave her diary at the hotel. She had brought it everywhere with her ever since she got it. Tears stung her eyes but she didn't let them fall.

Her world was slowly falling apart and she didn't know it.

A/N

aww :(

i can imagine this well and it makes me sad

2020 nov. 14.