"Don't leave me, Ryujin. I've never felt this way before and I don't want to feel this with anyone else."

Tears started falling from my eyes.

I'm afraid—I'm afraid that you might have the same fate as mine, Yeji.

"My mom told me that she fell in love with a girl before. Now I know why I'm gay." Yeji chuckles and so does Ryujin.

"My mom is kinda homophobic so I don't know why I became gay? Maybe you're just too good to admire than those guys out there."

Homophobic? If that's the case, maybe I'm wrong. Maybe it wasn't Ryujin that guard was talking about. I don't think Irene can be homophobic after all that we've been through.

I went back inside, putting back the ring in my pocket. I sent messages to Hyunjin while walking upstairs.

He's a guy but he's still my son after all. I just wish he's not that worst as he is right now. It's too much to handle since he's not listening either and we can't discipline him because he's not a kid at all. I just wish he feels the love we're giving for him.

"Did you wait for me?" I asked when I saw him still awake, facing his computer.

"I'm finishing something." he said.

"Are you really fine with Yeji being with a girl? You seemed so off lately, is it bothering you?" I went behind him and cups his shoulders.

"I'm fine with it, Seulgi. I'm just tired with all my paperwork." Jaebeom stated.

"Is that so?"

"Do you love me?" he asked that astounded me.

What on earth is he thinking? We've been together for years and he's asking me like that?

"Why can't you answer it? I ran into your—your first love week ago." he stood up that's why I stepped backward.

"I want to forget how you begged and asked me to know about her condition. I want to forget that you initiated everything between us when you found out that she's married. I want to forget it all...but up until now I'm still wondering if you ever love me or was I...was I that back up plan? I was too...too fool to be used...but did you love me?" I saw how his tears fall down his cheeks. I quickly stepped forward and wiped those dripping tears.

"Stop crying...don't cry, Jaebeom-ah. I'm your wife, okay?" I mumbled while cupping his cheeks.

Why can't say anything aside from that? Come on, Seulgi...

"You're just my wife—but did you ever love me? Seulgi...I've always loved you and I'm drifting apart knowing that you don't feel the same." Jaebeom stated with his mouth quivering.

"I love you. I always love you, always."

"Just tell me the truth, please? Please..." he then held both of my arms.

"Why won't you believe me?" I asked while looking straight in his eyes.

"Because you're still that little slave of your past."