Chapter 2: Wedding Invitations

Start from the beginning

Satisfied with my look I walked out of my penthouse. I don't live with my parents because they said they need some privacy. This is so wrong my father gave me another house and kicked me out of his house, not only me but my siblings as well.

His exact words were, "You guys never gave us privacy when you people were young but now that you are mature and independent get yourself a new house." And after saying this, he kicked us out. Honestly we all were very happy because nobody wanted to see there cringe worthy moments and I personally like being alone, not that I mind human presence but peace is more important than irritating people.

I walked towards my car, Phoenix. Yes I named my black Aston Martin DBX Phoenix because I bought it with my own savings and my love for sports car makes me fall in love with Phoenix even more.

I pulled my car into the parking lot of the new cafe and walked towards the entrance of the cafe. I was about to open the door when I bumped into someone making his things fall on the ground. Without looking at him, I picked his stuff and handed it to him and went inside the cafe after muttering a 'sorry'.

I was looking for Becky when I saw her waving her hand at me from the window seat. I quickly walked towards her and hugged the life out of her. It's been so long since I last saw her, around 6-7 months and that's definitely too long for me and my sister.

"C-c-an't b-reathe!", she gasped and I released her. We sat down and a waiter came over to our table. I ordered my favourite chocolate donuts and a cup of black coffee.

"How are you sister, I missed you so much!!!" I looked at her with teary eyes and pouted. "Aww my baby, stop crying. I'm back and now we will shop as much as we want but before that I have to tell you something important," she said while holding my hand.

"Me too but it's not a good news to be honest." I said.

Her expression changed a little before speaking, "Are you or anyone from our family sick?" She said in a low voice still clutching on to my hand.

"Oh no, no, no" I said shaking my head vigorously.

"Are we going bankrupt?" She asked again but this time in her normal voice.

"Geez no, nothing of that sort. Everyone is fine and no we aren't going bankrupt. You speak first then I'll tell you everything."
I explained it to her.

"Oh thank god!" She said and then raised her left hand with its back side facing towards me.

At first, I didn't quite understand what she was trying to say but then I noticed a beautiful platinum ring with embedded diamonds on her ring finger.

"OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD! OH MY GOD!" I shrieked and Rebecca joined me and then we both were screaming because it was the best news I got this week and I wasn't able to control my self. When we finally calmed down I looked around and saw that everyone present in the cafe were looking at us and waiters have stopped whatever they were doing and glared at us. We mouthed a 'sorry' and every body went back to minding their own business.

"Oh my god Becky, Ian proposed you!!! When did it happen?" I whisper-yelled at her.

"A week ago, I wanted to surprise you that's why I called you here." She whisper-yelled back at me.

"This is so amazing Becky. I'm happy for you" I said giving my brightest smile. "So when are you both planning to get married?" I asked her with curious eyes because yesterday dad told me about my marriage and I wanted to ask if our wedding dates are clashing.

"In three months after your wedding." The moment those words left her mouth, I froze in my place. "You knew about it", I asked her not believing what she just said.
"Yes Lays! Dad told me about it. At first, I was going to marry Reed but he was two years younger than me so dad asked you to fulfil the condition." She said in one go and I nodded my head processing everything she said. That means he's two years older than me, same as my brother's age.

"Okay, I understand." I said giving her a weak smile when I spoke again, "I gotta go now Becky! Let's hang out some other time. I have some errands to run." I said and we got up from our seats simultaneously paying for the food. "It's okay Layla, we'll meet again." She said and we hugged and said our goodbyes. I left the coffee shop in a hurry and sprinted towards my car. I leaned against Phoenix and took a deep breath, trying my best to calm myself down. With one last breath, I took my phone out and called my father. He picked it up after two-three rings.

"Hello Layla I was going to cal....." I cut my dad before he could finish his sentence. "Why didn't you tell me that Rebecca knew about it? And she said that she will get married in three months after my wedding. When is my wedding dad?" I finished ranting in one breath when my father answered, "Calm down Layla and it's after two weeks, to be exact." He said calmly.

"What the hell dad! Two weeks? What are you doing dad!!! Why are you making my life even more difficult? Are you so excited to get rid of me or you're excited because you're signing a deal! You're unbelievable!" I yelled at him because it's high time now, he cannot take my life decisions and if I try to make some changes, he threatens me. I hung up the call before listening to any other of this excuses.

Dad: 1:30 p.m.
You have to meet Reed tomorrow at 3:00 in the afternoon. I'll send you the location of the restaurant.

This Reed-fucking-Valentine is ruining my life.

What is the problem with people making my life a living hell. First were those boys who thought murdering the most important person in my life can satisfy the revenge they planned against me. Now my father and that sorry excuse of a so-called fiancé Reed Valentine.

Tears brimmed my eyes as I thought about them who sacrificed themselves for me.

I got into my car and drove home. As I reached my penthouse, I parked my car and got out when my phone beeped.

Unknown: 2:04
Hey! Meet me tomorrow at Nirvana in the afternoon.
~RV

How the fuck did he get my number? Ohh must be my father.

I entered my house, placed my car keys on the kitchen counter and ran upstairs to change my clothes. As I entered my walk-in closet, I picked a pair of shorts and a white tank top.

I walked out of my room and went inside my study. I completed the project that my father gave me and replied to some of the emails and one particular email caught my attention. It was from my mother and the strangest part is that my mother never sends me email. Mom is a famous chef and artist, so she barely uses her mail ID.

I clicked on the mail and there were some attachments. I downloaded them and what I saw next got me fuming.

FUCKING WEDDING INVITATIONS

...................................................................

Show some love guys💕